Hey! What's this new look to DCP?!

Where do the "likes" on posts actually show up?

Looks to me like our profiles have a "Likes" bar that carries over the similar rating from the +/- system. But I see nothing on posts indicating how liked they are. Is that easily configurable, or would that require customized code?

Looks to me like our profiles have a "Likes" bar that carries over the similar rating from the +/- system. But I see nothing on posts indicating how liked they are. Is that easily configurable, or would that require customized code?

Yes - the "Likes" are added to your personal 'reputation' score, just like the old green +'s ... but without any negative ratings. As Posts accumulate "Likes", they will be tagged as a "Popular Post" once they exceed a threshold - which we set to 10 "Likes". This should help you see Posts in a thread that are 'popular'.

We are also looking at an option to allow users to see WHO has 'Liked' a Post - much like Facebook and others. More on that later.

John D knew that, if he did that, Ream would take the whole DCP company for himself.

John was just protecting us all from that ensuing debacle.

:tounge2:

John knows I don't want to own it all. it's too much fun having enough of a stake to cause chaos

Yes - the "Likes" are added to your personal 'reputation' score, just like the old green +'s ... but without any negative ratings. As Posts accumulate "Likes", they will be tagged as a "Popular Post" once they exceed a threshold - which we set to 10 "Likes". This should help you see Posts in a thread that are 'popular'.

We are also looking at an option to allow users to see WHO has 'Liked' a Post - much like Facebook and others. More on that later.

I've enabled the feature that allows you to see who has provided "Likes" for your posts. Like Facebook and other social platforms, you'll be able to see the first few (3) names and then a list when greater than the 3 names, if they exist. We'll evaluate how this is working and decide whether to continue the feature or not going forward.

Thanks for your support.

-john

I've enabled the feature that allows you to see who has provided "Likes" for your posts. Like Facebook and other social platforms, you'll be able to see the first few (3) names and then a list when greater than the 3 names, if they exist. We'll evaluate how this is working and decide whether to continue the feature or not going forward.

Thanks for your support.

-john

So, Santa can view the multitudes who "like" this response to your comment, and put those who don't "like" it on his "naughty" list?

• Like 3

Sorry Mike.

In this down economy, and with the end of the 2012 Season without winning a gold ring, George Hopkins let Santa go, the reindeer got cut back in the sequester, the elves were laid off in the government shutdown since there were no inspectors for all that stuff made in China and being smuggled in Sound Sport equipment and under the guise of Drum battles. Therefore, no gifts for the good guys, and with no energy bill there will be no coal for the others.

Edited by drilltech1

here's the bottom line....

DCP is what DCP is. Unless you're footing the bill, you can adapt and adjust or....

The "Likes" add to your member profile "reputation" - much like the green +'s did, back in the day. As +'s were added, your "reputation" increased. Same with "Likes" ... as "Likes" are added, your "reputation" increases. Red -'s were subtracted from your "reputation" - but are no longer used. The only way your "reputation" can drop would be for someone to remove a previous "Like" they applied.

Perhaps a picture will help:

Garfield's profile "reputation" ...

dcpReputationBefore.png

THEN I applied my "Like" ... so now it shows ...

dcpReputationAfter.png

Taaa-Daaaah!

Hope that helps.

-john