Hey! What's this new look to DCP?!

<--------------------------------------------- OKAY...um what does zero warning points mean?....LOL

Edited by Liahona

<--------------------------------------------- OKAY...um what does zero warning points mean?....LOL

it means you didn't #### the mods off enough at some point

:tounge2:

Where are the minuses.... ( I'm joking )

I like the look, I haven't been here in a couple of days.

I too have to agree with Liahona and Corpsband.

While it looks nice from afar, it is difficult for me to read because of my trifocals and other eye hassles. The color system of using pastels is distinctly not helpful for reading for us oldsters. Didn't you consult Cesario first or Hopkins tower maker: Visual score: pleasant but not helpful: not the max

No instructions given for us non-computer geeks, no pre-warning. That's as bad as giving the rookies the umpteen pages of drill without explaining or teaching the corps' particular marching style or how to read a dot book. So General Effect score on this change: not the max.

However, doing away with the penalty caption: EXCELLENT. Too many cowards hung behind the red negs without being man enough to make their opinions known through posts. Some people seemed to be constantly red negged because once a upon a time they criticized a specific corps or voiced a contrary opinion. It became a game that was not worthy of the activity nor the forum. Drum Corps, if anything as a youth activity, supposedly teaches accountability and responsibility. The red neg system was contrary to this.

I too have to agree with Liahona and Corpsband.

While it looks nice from afar, it is difficult for me to read because of my trifocals and other eye hassles. The color system of using pastels is distinctly not helpful for reading for us oldsters. Didn't you consult Cesario first or Hopkins tower maker: Visual score: pleasant but not helpful: not the max

No instructions given for us non-computer geeks, no pre-warning. That's as bad as giving the rookies the umpteen pages of drill without explaining or teaching the corps' particular marching style or how to read a dot book. So General Effect score on this change: not the max.

However, doing away with the penalty caption: EXCELLENT. Too many cowards hung behind the red negs without being man enough to make their opinions known through posts. Some people seemed to be constantly red negged because once a upon a time they criticized a specific corps or voiced a contrary opinion. It became a game that was not worthy of the activity nor the forum. Drum Corps, if anything as a youth activity, supposedly teaches accountability and responsibility. The red neg system was contrary to this.

The color scheme is independent of the software so there's no barrier to offering color choices which offer more usability.

Agree with you on the red neg disappearance. That's long overdue.

I'm more concerned about the 10 msgs per page. Pagination in a thread conversation is just plain bad UX design. There's a complete loss of context if you see just a small window on a long thread. And the rationale of paging (conserving bandwidth/io cycles on a 1200 baud modem) is long past. Loading content on scrolling (and using Ajax so the entire DOM tree does *not* reload) is far more efficient then pagination.

Finally the lame excuse the developers provide is "url integrity". That's ridiculous. No need to post a URL to a thread when the product itself offers links to every message in the message header. Hopefully their customers will blow up their support lines and Invision will change their minds -- soon.

If not -- people will just move on to something better.

There are a couple of next gen forum projects underway that look very promising.

Didn't you consult Cesario first or Hopkins tower maker: Visual score: pleasant but not helpful: not the max

The Cesario/Hopkins comment cracked me up!

As for no instructions.....I recently upgraded my Windows 8 phone to the latest version which included updates from Microsoft AND Nokia. Did any instructions come with the new features? No. I had to spend time on the internet looking up things I suddenly found on my phone. Don't get me started on learning Windows 8 which closely resembles Windows Phone - turn it on and let the frustration begin to the point where you just want to beat the laptop with a bone like the monkey from 2001 A Space Odyssey.

There are usually two issues at hand. No instructions and cryptic instructions that make IKEA assembly instructions look like the Rosetta Stone. Microsoft is consistently one of the worst offenders with this. Several others are not far behind.

This is why I usually check Youtube first. God bless all the people out there who post videos on how to work with all kinds of things.

Edited by LincolnV

I know it's minor, but I miss being able to hover over the topic title and see a preview of the topic AND the option to go to the first unread. Yes, there's a preview "clickie thing" and there is a first unread "clickie thing" on the first page of the topic but...

And the topic links on a given forum home page are spaced very wide vertically...

And it didn't keep my avatar pic and won't let me browse for it (IE9)...

Edited by gak27