Economic Impact

The Presiden't Cup (http://www.presidentscup.com/ ) golf tournament hosts its innaugural event at Muirfield Country Club, in Dublin Ohio. Dublin is also home to the Emerald City Music Games.

The President's Cup is expected to bring $50million-plus to the central Ohio area (Dublin is a suburb of Columbus). I have corporate clients who are flying in just to host their clients at the golf course.

Obviously DCI needs to find some way to add celebrities and a squirrel to their mix.

Maybe get Tiger to sit in the booth with Rondo...

(Or Tiger's girlfriend... :silly: )

That would be difficult to logistically arrange as they keep changing.

I think the majority of drum corps fans would be tolerant of any of Mr. Woods' former or current girlfriends hanging around DCI Finals week in a visible manner

As long as you realize that the words tolerance and approval were never intended to be synonyms, and that they should not be considered as synonyms, then I will agree with you that many DCI fans could ‘tolerate’ a former or current girlfriend of any celebrity adulterer being visable at DCI Finals.

As long as you realize that the words tolerance and approval were never intended to be synonyms, and that they should not be considered as synonyms, then I will agree with you that many DCI fans could ‘tolerate’ a former or current girlfriend of any celebrity adulterer being visable at DCI Finals.

or we just agree with him

Granted this is anecdotal at best, but in 2012 I was at Indy and I needed a memory card for my camera and went to a camera shop near the parking garage where I was parked. The parade had just finished and the woman who waited on me asked if I was in the city for the "band show." She mentioned that her son liked attending semi's but prelims was too long and finals too expensive for a high school budget, but to the point of this reply, she said she always liked the increase in foot traffic when DCI was in town. Foot traffic is not always actual business, but at a slow time of the year, any business is better than nothing.

Regarding Allentown, last summer I had to wait at Hamilton's and Yocco's and didn't get to sit at Yocco's. This year there was no wait at Hamilton's and I got a seat at Yocco's. Again I'm not sure what this means. I also headed to Lancaster County (Pennsylvania Dutch Amish Country) during the day and saw more than my fair share of DCI t-shirts on people so drum corps fans did touristy things between shows. I don't think we put places over the top financially, but it certainly didn't hurt.

I have been in Allentown when big band shows are there, and the volume isn't nearly like it would be for DCI East. Fewer hotel stays, Dorney usually isn't open...most people get in for the show, maybe eat, then get out.

the Beauty of Allentown for DCI is it's spread out over 2 days, Dorney is open, the weater is good for other outdoor attractions as far away as Lancaster or Philly and.....i hate to say it, but the food service issues in the stadium are a boon for local restaurants.

• Like 1