George Hopkins - soothsayer

What's the topic again? George Hopkins the dragon slayer?

The Cadets will spend their next show trying to slay a dragon with bendy sticks and giant wheeled boxes.

Oh, wait, they're selling those, right?

What's the topic again? George Hopkins the dragon slayer?

Some of his pics from tour this summer he looks like a retired and fattened up Jamie Lannister, the Kingslayer.

Some of his pics from tour this summer he looks like a retired and fattened up Jamie Lannister, the Kingslayer.

Yes......but doubly ironic, George is fully armed.

Edited by troon8

I guess I'm wondering why DCP seems to tolerate posts/threads directed at George Hopkins on a "clever" but frankly very personal level. Sad to see this... George.

... probably because there wasn't anything 'personal' in here?

Mike

• Like 1

I don't envy the mods picking the nits on this one. Here we have a political issue that happens to relate to the activity.

I think the anti-politics policy is meant to ban posts which are both partisan and not closely related to drum corps. So as long as the discussion of gun control issues appears to be focused on predicting the impact on the activity, it's probably mostly OK. (Did I hedge enough there?) And I think that's been the case on this thread.

Dad may or may not force a change in color guard equipment, but I'll be surprised if he wins on the shirt. Many if not most public schools have a dress code prohibiting the image of a gun among other things, and you can rail all you want about political correctness run amock, but you also might look at it from the school's point of view. They have to be consistent or else parents like this same dad will be all over them for inconsistency and persecution of students and parents administrators don't like.

Looks like the dad did win on this...without even going to court.

I guess I'm wondering why DCP seems to tolerate posts/threads directed at George Hopkins on a "clever" but frankly very personal level. Sad to see this... George.

really? you find the original post attacking?

it actually gives him some credit for seeing something 12 years ago.

Why should comments the director of the Cadets made in an interview with the Blue Devils be out of bounds for discussion on a drum corps forum? Especially as the thread's originator has explicitly said that Hopkins's remarks demonstrate his prescience?

#### you using logic again