Rochester drummer passes - Ed Gormley

Ed Gormley, long time Rochester Crusader and St. Joe's Alumni drummer has passed. Ed was a good guy who I also worked with at Scientific Radio Systems for many years.

Here's the obit from the Rochester paper

Gormley, Edward D.

Rochester: October 4, 2013, at age 67. He is predeceased by his parents. Survived by his loving wife of 45 years, Mary Alice (Myers) Gormley; son, Edward C. Gormley; granddaughter, Jessica A. Gormley; his sisters, Georgia Christ and Lynette (Tom) Wahl; his brothers, Gerald Gormley and Joseph (Maureen) Gormley; brother-in-law, Charles (Barbara) Myers; numerous nieces and nephews.

Edward was a member of St. Joe's Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps.

Friends and family may call Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 6-8 PM at New Comer Funeral Home, 2636 Ridgeway Ave. His Funeral Service will be held Thursday at 11 AM at the funeral home. Interment, Grove Place Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Mary Cariola Children's Center

Edited by TomPeashey

RIP Ed. Ed was a great guy. We shared many good times with the Alumni - especially our year long journey culminating in the 1995 DCI Finals appearance. Although often overlooked -our '96 and '97 drum lines were smokin! Ed also participated in several of my ensemble projects and developed into an excellent snare drummer. He was also well versed in American history which fueled some of our philosophical late nights. He was also a spectacular military model maker. RIP my friend. See ya!