Crossmen Question

I'm not looking forward to these responses because I'm pretty sure I already know the answer but here it is anyways.

I'm from Texas and I've always always wanted to march DCI and within the past couple of years I've had my heart set on marching Crossmen. I've been training and practicing but recently I found out that I have a major conflict with the callback camp (region auditions and finals week, two completely unavoidable events) so I wanted to know before I make a decision to cut the dream short or march Genesis, what is the attitude the Xmen staff have towards callbacks? Is it completely not optional or could I potentially do a video audition or attend another event or literally anything in lieu of physical attendance if I am invited to callbacks? I would jump over the moon 4 times to march with them, but I can't make a $200 camp investment for a corps I know I would not be marching due to scheduling. Thanks for your time you're all the best.

And for those of you who don't really care about my situation, any guesses on the new uniform look? I'm so excited for it!

I'm not looking forward to these responses because I'm pretty sure I already know the answer but here it is anyways.

I'm from Texas and I've always always wanted to march DCI and within the past couple of years I've had my heart set on marching Crossmen. I've been training and practicing but recently I found out that I have a major conflict with the callback camp (region auditions and finals week, two completely unavoidable events) so I wanted to know before I make a decision to cut the dream short or march Genesis, what is the attitude the Xmen staff have towards callbacks? Is it completely not optional or could I potentially do a video audition or attend another event or literally anything in lieu of physical attendance if I am invited to callbacks? I would jump over the moon 4 times to march with them, but I can't make a $200 camp investment for a corps I know I would not be marching due to scheduling. Thanks for your time you're all the best.

And for those of you who don't really care about my situation, any guesses on the new uniform look? I'm so excited for it!

Call/email them and ask. Wouldn't it be wiser get your information straight from the horse's mouth?

• Like 1

Hi Kate,

Go to www.crossmen.org and ask for information.

Always go to the source - second-hand information is usually inaccurate.

best,

Chuck Naffier

Crossmen Brass Arranger

Great advice, Kate, direct from the Crossmen's "Horse's mouth"....

...and a thoroughbread at that!!!! :smile:

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 2

Thank you so much for your responses. I did email someone recently, but of course I'm just very antsy and thought maybe someone else had a similar experience or happened to know the answer.

We shall see what they say.

• Like 1

Also, if you have to be at the camp, check with your school to see if you could take exams early.

The brass caption head told me I could attend the next camp with the understanding that I would be a month behind. Good enough for me, let the work begin again.

ibexpercussion: School could be worked out but that weekend is my region band audition and for me it's an absolute priority over anything. It's been a personal goal since forever and ever. But since this has worked out it looks like I can work for both of my dreams which is so awesome for me to hear.

• Like 1

About the uniform... Given Fred Morrisons admitted favor towards black and white over using red accents, my guess is that we'll see a white pants with a white/black jacket and white aussie. Kudos to the admin for making those unis from 04 last for so long after the move.

• Like 1

About the uniform... Given Fred Morrisons admitted favor towards black and white over using red accents, my guess is that we'll see a white pants with a white/black jacket and white aussie. Kudos to the admin for making those unis from 04 last for so long after the move.

An individual from their admin team mentioned on FB that if the necessary monies are not raised from the www.crossmen.org/uniform uniform campaign, they will only receive a new design of the jacket and they will keep the pants they have (which are black).

They need to raise over $37K to get a complete overhaul.

The brass caption head told me I could attend the next camp with the understanding that I would be a month behind. Good enough for me, let the work begin again.

ibexpercussion: School could be worked out but that weekend is my region band audition and for me it's an absolute priority over anything. It's been a personal goal since forever and ever. But since this has worked out it looks like I can work for both of my dreams which is so awesome for me to hear.

I'm glad to hear everything can work out to give you a shot. Best of luck!!!