Boston Crusaders

It is being reported today that Washington Redskins NFL owner Daniel Snyder is succumbing to public pressure to do something about his team's name. Snyder is quoted as saying that " we at the Washington Redskins are not insensitive to those people in some quarters that are frustrated with our name and the general distain that it has among the populace with each passing day and that find it offensive. Our Board of Directors and Trustees have responded to this general populace frustration and have come to an agreement to change the name and henceforth, and effective immediately, we are dropping the distainful " Washington " in our name and will be officially known from now on as simply " The Redskins ". "

Too bad my wife mentioned this to me earlier today. Oh well, I was hoping it was another BRASSO Classic!

• Like 1

Too bad my wife mentioned this to me earlier today. Oh well, I was hoping it was another BRASSO Classic!

No... I do not know, nor have ever met, your wife, Ghost. I swear.

By the way, is it ok to still be for the RedSox, while we decide if the RedSkins are verboten or not ? Red Socks can be offensive if not washed properly( although Curt Schilling's I'll make a momentary exception to, as it sold at auction for a good return ).

Edited by BRASSO

No... I do not know, nor have ever met, your wife, Ghost. I swear.

By the way, is it ok to still be for the RedSox, while we decide if the RedSkins are verboten or not ? Red Socks can be offensive if not washed properly( although Curt Schilling's I'll make a momentary exception to, as it sold at auction for a good return ).

So , the sock has departed Cooperstown! Missed that one.

Years ago, I did a tongue in cheek column for Drum Corps World on the very topic, and was able to find some politically incorrect problem with just about every corps name. The Glassmen are sexist; the Cadets, too militaristic; the Blue Devils, Satanistic, Crown, Imperialistic, etc.

• Like 1

Years ago, I did a tongue in cheek column for Drum Corps World on the very topic, and was able to find some politically incorrect problem with just about every corps name. The Glassmen are sexist; the Cadets, too militaristic; the Blue Devils, Satanistic, Crown, Imperialistic, etc.

One of my favorite Corps names were " The Flashing Lassies ". I think they were from California. The name might not have been PC, but I would've supported any crusade against anyone that wanted to change their name at the time.

One of my favorite Corps names were " The Flashing Lassies ". I think they were from California. The name might not have been PC, but I would've supported any crusade against anyone that wanted to change their name at the time.

"A history of Drum & Bugle Corps" Vol. I, has them from Monterey Park, CA. No photo though.

With all the "Boston Strong" shirts at New England shows last summer including some sold by Crusaders Senior, and BAC's choice of a show called "Rise" making a special connection with Boston area fans because of the Marathon bombings (yes I know it was designed prior to the bombings but many made a connection), I don't think they'd mind that name change.

Go Red sox. Great come back. Never give up. Boston Strong.

• Like 1

Pretty funny people would be offended by Crusaders. What do you suppose the letters BAC stood or stand for.