San Francisco Renegades?

Does anybody have any info on the Renegades? Are they coming back for the 2014 season in any way, shape or form or are they just another footnote in the history of Drum Corps? Their website looks like it hasn't been updated in a year or so and there is no mention of them on the DCA site. Inquiring minds want to know.

• Like 1

Hey thanks for your intrest in the Renegades. We are having a Summit this Sunday to get together and figure out exactly what we are going to do. The corps still exist as to what we are doing remains up in the air. I will post an update with the future of the corps after we get together this Sunday.

take care

• Like 4

Love the Renengades.

I hope they can get back in the game.

• Like 1

Love the Renengades.

I hope they can get back in the game.

Miss the Red Green thingy so I guess we will have to go back to the old days and just "respond".

Me too :withstupid::tounge2::tounge2::tounge2:

• 4 weeks later...

Top Cat -

I share your interest. Renegades were one of the most significant additions to DCA since its inception. It's a huge loss if they are no longer a player. Besides, they were entertaining as He*l, obviously sold tickets and sent people home satisfied. What's not to like about that?

Unfortunately, some of them were way ahead of the current norm in a 'lifestyle' kind of way. They caused a problem that required a penalty, of sorts. This all created more turmoil, set them back to square one, so to speak. The uphill battle they once met, must now be met again, and it won't be easy in these difficult times. Truth be told, I don't expect Renegades to participate in 2014. But, who knows? They've shocked all of us before!

From the Renegades website:

Renegades Summit Report

By: Aaron Reales|Thursday, November 7, 2013|News

When:
Sunday, October 20, 1:00 – 5:00pm

Where:

Greg Gilman’s House

What Happened:

We had a great meeting with close to 30 people in attendance, all concerned with the future of the organization.

Decisions made:

1. The Renegades are not going to fold. It didn’t even come up.
  2. One of the top priorities for the group is to continue raising money to pay off old debts.
  3. The Renegades are going to continue hosting great events – Chinese New Year parade, Renepalooza, the Fremont 4th of July parade, the LOUDest Show on Earth, Vegas and more.
  4. The Renegades are very interested in putting out at least one SoundSport group (if not two or three). It is very possible that a show created for this arena could be expanded to a field show, largely depending on how many bodies we have! If YOU would like us to be on the field, we need YOU to be a marching member!
  5. The Renegades will be working more closely with the Santa Clara Vanguard in the person of Al Yeh, Renegades Alumni and newly hired Operations guy for SCV.
  6. The Renegades will be supporting the Jim Ott Brass Ensemble by giving them all of our two valve G horns and loaning them other various equipment. We are also supporting two local drum lines through the loan of equipment.
  7. Chris Nalls will act as liaison to DCI and DCA.

In addition, we called for volunteers for next year’s board, which will assemble at the end of October. Several of these fine folks will also serve as a committee to plan for the future of the corps, including returning to the field and to DCA in the future. Interim corps director Chris Nalls and the current board (Lee Sowers, Tiffany Carrico, Madge and Ray Sanchez, and Neil Bliss) were thanked for their efforts in keeping the corps together through this past year.

Anyone interested in being part of the Corps or the Board for the coming season should send an email to info@renegades.org. Please help keep our corps alive through a donation of time, materials or money.
  • Like 3

Sounds like they have not closed the doors totally on DCA.

I would certainly hate to see a watered down..neutered version of the Renegades come back to DCA though. I think one thing that seperated Renegades from the rest of the pack was the Renegades Swagger both on the field and off the field. I mean the place to party was to the Renegades Hotel. I always made it a point the years I had a rental car or transportation to stop by and see the Renegades and the Statesmen because they both knew how to throw down and party like rock stars.

Hope to see them back in thier old form some day soon at DCA.

• Like 1