The Hawthorne Caballeros Proudly Announce their Creative Team for 2014

The World Famous Hawthorne Caballeros are proud to announce that the creative team for the 2014 campaign has been chosen. Plans and designs for the upcoming year are well under way!

The Staff will be lead by our Program and Show Coordinator Cliff Bialkin. He will be assisted by “World Drum Corps Hall of Fame” member, Lou Stork. Both bring a lifetime of leadership and experience to the team.

Key Poulan returns as the Brass Arranger for 2014. One of the best known names in marching music today, Key has been a successful writer in both the DCI Ranks with the World Class Santa Clara Vanguard, the Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets, the World Class Glassmen, and most recently, the World Class Mandarins, as well as the DCA ranks with The Hawthorne Caballeros and many more.

Rob Ferguson returns as the Percussion Arranger for 2014. He brings a wealth of writing experience to the team. As the writer/ arranger for the Matrix Indoor Percussion Ensemble and the Glassmen World Class Drum and Bugle Corps, Rob has been a great asset to the recent progress of the Caballero’s percussion program.

Drew Farmer- Joining the Caballeros Design Team for the very first time in 2014 is Drew Farmer. Drew began his design career in 2003 and has designed full-time for the last 6 years for many successful marching bands, winter guards, indoor percussion ensembles, and Drum Corps throughout the United States. In 2013, he was the drill designer for the Mandarins World Class Drum and Bugle Corps. Drew is also the principle visual designer for Key Poulan Music. We welcome Drew to the Caballeros Design Team! For additional information on Drew please feel free to view his website www.drewfarmer.com

The 2013 Best DCA Color Guard Award winners will continue to achieve excellence while moving in a new and exciting direction. In 2014 our color guard design duties will be shared by Bobbey Biddle and Matt Hurley. Both are masters at their craft.

Bobbey Biddle has served as our Color Guard Caption Head for the past few seasons. In addition, he has worked with the Black Watch World Class Indoor Color Guard and many HS guards including Plymouth-Whitemarsh HS Marching band and Winter Guard.

Matt Hurley brings years of color guard design from his years with Bridgewater/Raritan HS Marching Band, The Black Watch Winter Guard and The Jersey Surf World Class Drum and Bugle Corps. This is going to be one exciting color guard to watch!

Interested in marching?

Open House is November 30th and December 1st 2013 at Lincoln Middle School in Hawthorne NJ 07506 11am Registration 12pm Start

Get in touch with us at m.ryan@cabs.org. or fill in the membership interest form on our website. www.cabs.org

Open House Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8BPLwh8JiI

More Information about the Caballeros can be found on their website at www.cabs.org.

Edited by CABADM
  • Like 1

Nice team there! And welcome home, Cliffie :colgate:

Thanks Roger....39 days....Ready Set Go!!!!!!

I was expecting someone different as the coordinator? Hope this works for you guys.

Edited by HBD

Well Kanye was unavailable so we had to go with Cliff as our program coordinator. Sorry folks you'll have to wait another year for a hip hop Spanish show!

All kidding aside, anybody that has every worked with or for Cliff knows what he can bring to table and after three amazing years of Mr. Templin getting the Caballeros back into title contention I think he's earned some well deserved time off from the activity. Knowing Rich though he'll be poking his head in from time to time to make sure we are still on track.

I'm really looking forward to this year, the fans won't be disappointed!

Well Kanye was unavailable so we had to go with Cliff as our program coordinator. Sorry folks you'll have to wait another year for a hip hop Spanish show!

All kidding aside, anybody that has every worked with or for Cliff knows what he can bring to table and after three amazing years of Mr. Templin getting the Caballeros back into title contention I think he's earned some well deserved time off from the activity. Knowing Rich though he'll be poking his head in from time to time to make sure we are still on track.

I'm really looking forward to this year, the fans won't be disappointed!

3 years going from stuck in 5th place to 2nd place? I call that a miracle on a DCA time Table. Just look at the long Road the Bushwackers are having to climb to get back into contention HBD.

3 years going from stuck in 5th place to 2nd place? I call that a miracle on a DCA time Table. Just look at the long Road the Bushwackers are having to climb to get back into contention HBD.

If I'm not mistaken, they didn't jump from 5th to 2nd, they went from 5th, to 3rd to 2nd.

It's all because I left...