Madison Scouts 2014 -- Playing the Music of Stan Kenton and Don Ellis

Just viewed them. Madison in white. Does not work. Where is the traditional green? Very disappointed.

I actually like Madison's uniforms. They still look like Madison. They've had white jackets before and also white pants. Now they have both and I think it works.

I also like the guard uniforms.

OK I know injuries happen but I have never seen a world class corps only march 2 quads. Noticble gaps in the Akron show. But what's the deal 2 quads? Madison sounds good but needs to take a huge step IMHO to break 8th this year the drill is very weak and in the new theater based DCI if you don't have a wow factor its unlikely that you move past 5th let alone win. Maybe it just didn't translate to the cinema very well.

I wondered the same thing. 2 tenors looks strange as does only having 7 snares. I wonder if the small drumline is due to sickness or injuries?

I always enjoy the Scouts, but it seems to me that they consistently underachieve. The members are great, the show is always fun for the crowd, but competitively they should do better. With their tradition, their ability to recruit quality members and their fan support, they should be competitive with the top six, which they are not. I am sure I will get blasted by the placement does not matter crowd, but if you are going to spend a million dollars a year putting a world class drum corps on the field and when you have the built in advantages of the Madison Scouts, the show should be better. I blame the design team.

• Like 1

I wondered the same thing. 2 tenors looks strange as does only having 7 snares. I wonder if the small drumline is due to sickness or injuries?

Well, they should be pretty darn clean!

Also came looking for answers on the 2 quads/tenors situation

I also like the guard uniforms.

I think the color contrast between guard & brass/percussion is the best thing about their visual program/look. It really is a nice contrast that serves the corps well. I don't like their white-on-white uniforms either, but I think their contrast with the guard is pretty cool