2014 Programs

I hope this is one of those years where Cadets change their minds about what they are going to play.

The selections are nice but it would be really great if they did something that hasn't been done before.

If I hear anyone play Appalachian Spring (or Firebird Suite for that matter) this summer, I'm going to run to the top of the stadium and jump. It's bad enough that I have to suffer through countless high school marching bands playing it every year. At this point, the very mention of those two songs literally make me want to take a trip to the concession stand.

• Like 1

A little more reveal to the Troopers' 2014 program, now appearing on their website:

67790TEMP980x417-1637.jpeg

"Representing the virtues and determination this Country was built upon, The Troopers have become the Corps for the people. It is these same principles that will be the driving forces in their 2014 production entitled ‘A People’s House’. Featuring the music of Clifton Williams, Charles Ives, and original works by Robert W. Smith, The Troopers invite you to celebrate the man that helped make this country what it is today.

With a deep sense of maturity, integrity, passion, and honesty, The Troopers will build off of last years successes and bring an emotional and power packed program to the field in a way that only America’s Corps can. Words that describe leadership . . . music that inspires visionaries . . . images that paint pictures of spacious skies and amber waves of grain . . . a program that is undeniably The Troopers."

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 1

A little more reveal to the Troopers' 2014 program, now appearing on their website:

"Representing the virtues and determination this Country was built upon, The Troopers have become the Corps for the people. It is these same principles that will be the driving forces in their 2014 production entitled ‘A People’s House’. Featuring the music of Clifton Williams, Charles Ives, and original works by Robert W. Smith, The Troopers invite you to celebrate the man that helped make this country what it is today.

With a deep sense of maturity, integrity, passion, and honesty, The Troopers will build off of last years successes and bring an emotional and power packed program to the field in a way that only America’s Corps can. Words that describe leadership . . . music that inspires visionaries . . . images that paint pictures of spacious skies and amber waves of grain . . . a program that is undeniably The Troopers."

Duly noted. Thank you for the update!

If I hear anyone play Appalachian Spring (or Firebird Suite for that matter) this summer, I'm going to run to the top of the stadium and jump. It's bad enough that I have to suffer through countless high school marching bands playing it every year. At this point, the very mention of those two songs literally make me want to take a trip to the concession stand.

1) Please don't jump from the top of the stadium. You could land on someone innocent and injure them. Plus, think of the poor minimum wage schmuck that would have to clean it up.

2) You just found your "hot dog corps" for the summer. Bon appetite!

Garry in Vegas

• Like 2

67790TEMP980x417-1637.jpeg

I am pretty psyched about the sound of this Trooper show and I've not always been easy on them!

Those 2 songs make me smile.

I received my smart music for crown, and there was a piece that had carol of the bells and other christmas songs intertwined with it... I really hope we're not pulling a Cadets '12.

2014 Programs:

(The person that did the 2013 thread is not able to do 2014. Going to do my best to keep up his work for 2014. Message me with updates. The master post will only be updated based on actual organizational announcements / confirmation. Personally, I do appreciate the rumor mill. But the master post will not reflect any un-official information. Thanks!)

Spotify playlist will be updated as the main post is updated. Link to the master Spotify playlist: DCI Source Music '14

academy.jpg The Academy

blue_devils.jpgBlue Devils

blueknights.jpgBlue Knights

bluestars.jpgBlue Stars

bluecoats.jpgBluecoats

boston.jpgBoston Crusaders

cadets.jpgThe Cadets - This is What They Said (tentative)

Music selections (tentative):

• "Lincoln Portrait" by Aaron Copland
  • "Appalachian Spring" by Aaron Copland
  • "Red Pony" - by Aaron Copland
  • "Swing, Swing, Swing" - by John Williams (not available on US Spotify)
  • music from the soundtrack "Pollock" - by Jeff Beal (not available on US Spotify)
​ program announcement

crown.jpgCarolina Crown

seattle.jpgCascades

cavaliers.jpgThe Cavaliers

colts.jpgColts

crossmen.jpgCrossmen

jersey_surf.jpgJersey Surf

madison.jpgMadison Scouts -

Music Selections:

• Music of Stan Kenton
  • Music of Don Ellis
Program Announcement

mandarins.jpgMandarins

oregon_crusaders.jpgOregon Crusaders - nevermore

Music selections:

• "Mind Heist" - from Inception Soundtrack
  • Huapango - by Kevin Walczyk (not available on US Spotify)
  • The Hymn of Axciom - by Vienna Teng
  • Nocturne (Homage to John Field), Op 33 - by Samuel Barber
  • The Alabados Song - by Paul Bissell (not available on US Spotify)
Program Announcement

pacific_crest.jpgPacific Crest

phantom.jpgPhantom Regiment

pioneer.jpgPioneer - JOY!

Music selections:

• "A Mighty Fortress" - by GLAD
  • "We Gather Together"- by GLAD
  • "Saints Hallelujah" - by Canadian Brass
  • "Irish Tune From a County Derry" - by Percy Grainger
  • "Garry Owen March" - traditional
Program Announcement

vanguard.jpgSanta Clara Vanguard

spirit.jpgSpirit of Atlanta

troopers.jpg The Troopers - A People's House

Music Selections:

• Music of Clifton Williams
  • Music of Charles Ives
  • Music of Robert W. Smith
Program Announcement

More will be added as the off-season progresses. Please comment or message me with official program announcements.

This ought to be an exciting year for all of 'em. Edited by Devin

I received my smart music for crown, and there was a piece that had carol of the bells and other christmas songs intertwined with it... I really hope we're not pulling a Cadets '12.

Are you sharing info that you're supposed to be sharing? Just wondering. :-)

• Like 1