2014 Programs

I like Spirits, not a bunch to go off of, but it Sounds a bit more conceptual than the last 3, which I think will be a nice change of pace. A lush southern show with some jazz? Count me in, I'm liking a lot of the announcements this year. The color scheme and guard costuming could be absolutely gorgeous. Mandarins were HUGELY improved in 2013, hope that continues

Edited by DrumManTx

Actually LIKE 1979 Guardsmen version better.

Aw, that warms the heart of this old Guardsman.

You should check out Blue Knights' twitter post for an announcement hint. Seems like they're playing Trittico Festoso.

Blue Knights Show Announcement Hint: "Something Old, New, Borrowed, and Blue." The Blue Knights will be experimenting with different ways to truly bring the original intent of the composer to life with non-traditional drum corps instrumentation.

So...more trombones !! And maybe other Brass Band instruments as well?

uZFPxYl.png

You should check out Blue Knights' twitter post for an announcement hint. Seems like they're playing Trittico Festoso.

If that is not an April Fools prank, it is a fairly significant development. Van der Roost allowing his music on the marching field.

Edited by mingusmonk

If that is not an April Fools prank, it is a fairly significant development. Van der Roost allowing his music on the marching field.

Ugh I hate this "holiday". Let's hope not, its a pretty good piece.

Most of his music is still available. You just have to be willing to pay outrageous prices in the US (thanks to lawsuits, etc...)

Most of his music is still available. You just have to be willing to pay outrageous prices in the US (thanks to lawsuits, etc...)

Sure. Effectively pricing yourself out of the market meets the technical definition of "available" while ensuring, for the most part, your work stays off of the field.

BK stressing their efforts to stay true to the work's original intent certainly has to make it easier for the puzzle pieces to align.