2014 Programs

Is it even possible that members who have been going to several camps by now don't know what the show design is?? How can you rehearse for that long and not know what the show is??

I guess I get it, but is this really where we're at? Isn't something like this WAAAAAY beyond overkill?

2a0vtd.png
Nope, not mad at all - just wondering how corps members can go to several camps and not know what the show is and why that is necessary, that's all.

But thanks for taking the time to put up the meme - nice touch...

From the Bluecoats:

In addition to Vienna Teng's "The Hymn of Acxiom" and Tyondai Braxton's "Uffe's Woodshop," the Bluecoats' 2014 program will include Braxton's "Platinum Rows." Check it out here:

warp.net/records/tyondai-braxton/central-market-listen-to-pivotal-piece-platinum-rows-plus-new-details-of-strictly-limited-180g-audiophile-vinyl-version

That is gonna be FUN! There's kazoo's. I'm really excited to see what they do here. Some really unique insane music that seems to really work together.

OP updated. Added to Spotify playlist.

2014-Alma%20Gitana.jpg

Celebrating their 40th anniversary season, Crossmen are pleased to present their 2014 production:

Alma Gitana – A Gypsy Soul

Known as wanderers, Gypsies travel the countryside in the shadows of normal society. Carrying all they own in covered wagons, and pitching tents wherever they stop, the road is their home and a way of life. Exploring a diverse pallete of world music, the 2014 production includes: Bulgaria – Peter Erskine, Erghen Diado – Bulgarian Women’s Choir, Emmanuel – Michel Colombier, Zambra – Ojos de Brujo, Habanera –Bizet/East Village Opera Company, and concludes with a classic treatment of a Crossmen favorite, Caravan.

“Throughout our 40-year history, Crossmen have had several different homes, mostly in Pennsylvania and now in Texas. The product of a successful drum corps merger, there is no question the Crossmen history closely parallels a gypsy-like existence,” said Fred Morrison, Executive Director.

Crossmen bring the mystery of the Gypsy Soul to life – setting up camp, experiencing and celebrating the beauty of the land, all before departing on the path to a destination unknown.

“This production showcases a rich variety of ethnic timbres and textures, characteristic of central European heritage. It has it all – the passionate highs, the brooding lows, and the energy of everyday Gypsy life,” said Program Coordinator, Ed Devlin. “Crossmen are bringing their high energy caravan to cities across the country in 2014 – you won’t want to miss it!”

http://www.crossmen.org/2014showpressrelease

OP updated. All tracks have been added to the Spotify playlist. The Zambra on Spotify is more traditional than the Ojos de Brujo arrangement, but it was the best I could do. Also, I chose the New York Voices arrangement of Caravan, since that was the inspiration for the initial Crossmen Caravan in 1990. We'll see where they go with it in 2014.

I can only hope they harken back to the '90 version of Caravan. That one rocked.

Mike

Since Naffier wrote the 2000 version and he's writing for 2014, I doubt it.

Hopkins mentioned in the Webinar tonight that Appalachian Spring is in the show this year.

Since Naffier wrote the 2000 version and he's writing for 2014, I doubt it.

:shutup: :shutup: :shutup:

Edited by theCHEZman

Blue Devils 2014: Felliniesque

Act 1 – Fellini’s Religion

• "Old Toys" Danny Elfman
  • "La Strada Theme" Nino Rota

Act 2 – Fellini’s Circus

• "The Clowns" Nino Rota
  • ""Circo Compagnia" originally composed for the Blue Devils by Gordon Goodwin

Act 3 – Fellini’s Fantasy

• "Be Italian" Maury Yeston
  • "Movie Studio" Danny Elfman
  • Like 2