• Like 1

Blue Knights show is Titled "That one Second" The repertoire includes

A Kaleidoscope of Mathematics-James Horner

Breif Eternity-Bobby McFerrin, Roger Treece, Don Rosler

Hand of Fate part 1(from Signs OST)-James Newton Howard

To Build a Home-Swinscoe, France, Page, Watson, Smith

Official Show announcement from website

http://bknights.org/news/default.asp?id=490

And there is our second duplicate tune of 2014.

OP updated. All added to Spotify with the exception of Hands of Fate Part 1, which is not available. Soundtracks are a gamble on Spotify. Also, officially removed Trittico from the program.

And there is our second duplicate tune of 2014.

OP updated. All added to Spotify with the exception of Hands of Fate Part 1, which is not available. Soundtracks are a gamble on Spotify. Also, officially removed Trittico from the program.

Is the other Axciom from Bloooo and Oregon or something else? Remember a couple of years when BD and Madison played the same stuff. ....another year Blooo and BC played the same stuff. Another year Cadets and BAC played the same stuff. Troopers and Cadets another year.... There are a LOT more the further back we go we can find years where 3 corps played Tiger of San Pedro in finals.

Doesn't bother me as long as they're arranged differently.

Edited by jjeffeory

Is the other Axciom from Bloooo and Oregon or something else? Remember a couple of years when BD and Madison played the same stuff. ....another year Blooo and BC played the same stuff. Another year Cadets and BAC played the same stuff. Troopers and Cadets another year.... There are a LOT more the further back we go we can find years where 3 corps played Tiger of San Pedro in finals.

Time for some "Children of Sanchez"! Great narration potential for those who love them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_IOkvBgxIU

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

Yes, the other is Axciom. I'm not making some kind of judgement. Just nerding out at the little coincidences that come from the process. I am easily amused when some music hits and/or is embraced by the activity. For example. Imogene Heap's Hide and Seek, and then Aha! a couple of years later. Mackey in '08, and just about ever year after. It's no surprise. Most corps and bando people have these social circles. They all share their musical inspirations with each other. And thanks to The Internet, it has only becoming easier. So many drum corps and band people have similar musical sweet spots. They all start posting Youtube links and music to facebook and twitter and it goes like wildfire. An example: It's not on the marching scene (yet) and is probably to funky fto show up anywhere with the exception of WGI ... but I cannot begin to explain how many times drum corps, marching band and WGI drummers have shared The Dirty Loops with me (*see below). It's nothing like Mackey, or Imogene Heap for that matter. But it hits a sweet spot with a certain type of musician. No doubt that their upcoming new CD will get heavy play on buses this summer. We are definitely a tight subculture. It happens. And I just happen to find it intriguing.

• Like 1

Yes, the other is Axciom. I'm not making some kind of judgement. Just nerding out at the little coincidences that come from the process. I am easily amused when some music hits and/or is embraced by the activity. For example. Imogene Heap's Hide and Seek, and then Aha! a couple of years later. Mackey in '08, and just about ever year after. It's no surprise. Most corps and bando people have these social circles. They all share their musical inspirations with each other. And thanks to The Internet, it has only becoming easier. So many drum corps and band people have similar musical sweet spots. They all start posting Youtube links and music to facebook and twitter and it goes like wildfire. An example: It's not on the marching scene (yet) and is probably to funky fto show up anywhere with the exception of WGI ... but I cannot begin to explain how many times drum corps, marching band and WGI drummers have shared The Dirty Loops with me (*see below). It's nothing like Mackey, or Imogene Heap for that matter. But it hits a sweet spot with a certain type of musician. No doubt that their upcoming new CD will get heavy play on buses this summer. We are definitely a tight subculture. It happens. And I just happen to find it intriguing.

Thank you for sharing this band from Stockholm the "Dirty Loops". Sometimes I think I've been living under a rock as I get older. Their music is amazing! :smile:

Bluecoats will announce their show tonight at 9pm

I thought they had?

Excited to see what the theme is for the Bluecoats. The pieces they've announced are very promising, especially percussively. Lots and lots of things they could do with that stuff. Going to be cool to here a show with no music we've ever heard on the DCI field, assuming they've announced all of their music.

• Like 1