DCA DVD

Jupp

I believe... not yet...

They posted a bit ago that ship date is 12/1 - but someone from DCA will confirm that I'm sure...

The same company that creates DCA's videos must work the Ohio Music Education Association state marching band finals. Their booth at both the Hilliard and Brunswick events had two monitors. One showed a live feed of the band currently on the field; the other, presumably by way of demonstrating the quality of their work, since it wasn't available for sale, showed this year's DCA Finals, immediately recognizable due to the Navy logo on field and AtlantaCV's enormous telescope.

I was particularly amused that one of the bands had a show with the same title as one of the corps. Any guesses as to which corps it was?

The same company that creates DCA's videos must work the Ohio Music Education Association state marching band finals. Their booth at both the Hilliard and Brunswick events had two monitors. One showed a live feed of the band currently on the field; the other, presumably by way of demonstrating the quality of their work, since it wasn't available for sale, showed this year's DCA Finals, immediately recognizable due to the Navy logo on field and AtlantaCV's enormous telescope.

Yeah... people talk about the size of our telescope all the time. :silly:

Edited by AtlantaCVMktg

I got an email from DCA regarding the DVDs not too long ago and it explained exactly what was going on and when they were going to ship. I don't know where the heck it went. I spent a good 15 minutes using the search features in Gmail to recover it when I saw this post so I could copy it in.

Nevermind. I could not find it because it wasn't an email. It was on the DCA Facebook page. Here is the post:

"WHERE'S MY DVD??!

We get lots of emails from fans who've placed orders for DVDs of the 2013 championship events, wondering why they haven't received them yet!

Our 2013 products will begin shipping on December 1. It does say that when you order a disc online, but we guess many people miss that. So, fear not, your orders aren't lost or delayed - shipping starts December 1; we're in final post-production now!"

Edited by Skylinersop16

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was particularly amused that one of the bands had a show with [almost] the same title as one of the corps. Any guesses as to which corps it was?

Just realized I never answered this question. The band, Jerome H.S. from the Columbus suburb of Dublin, performed an enjoyable show titled "unRavel'd". Despite my fears, it was not a copy of the Caballeros' show: although "Bolero" could be heard in both, the high school band added "Pavane for a Dead Princess" and "Pictures at an Exhibition"--the latter is by Mussorgsky, but was famously orchestrated by Ravel. (Jerome's was the best show I'd seen all day, up to that point--and performed in a heavy cold rain, to boot, but was surpassed, in my opinion, a little later by the "West Side Story" delivered by the enormous Lakota West H.S. band from the Cincinnati exurb of West Chester.)

Edited by N.E. Brigand

just got the dvd...no issues. only watched 2 corps so far, but I'm very pleased with the video and audio

Do the 2013 Prelims DVD and CD include High Country Brass's show? I notice that the video isn't on the DCA Fan Network. Couldn't get sync rights to those James Bond themes?