Spirit of Atlanta...

JKT90

Frankly, I don't see design as the problem. My primary concern is the lack of field practice time and the disruption to daily/travel schedules due to the bad weather this Corps has had to endure.

Example: Last night the caravan had to stop for about an hour due to some nasty winds on the way to Texas -- safety first! Things aren't looking much better for today and tomorrow. Unforeseen events like this can play havoc with your plans for the day.

Luckily, the Regional is in a domed stadium.

Haven't most non-west corps being battling the same thing? I mean, #CantonRaincoats hashtag was created for a reason.

Haven't most non-west corps being battling the same thing? I mean, #CantonRaincoats hashtag was created for a reason.

You're right, of course; they all have been battling the same thing. But I think all of the rain is going to be more detrimental to a corps such as Spirit, who obviously is trying to play catch-up, than a corps such as Bluecoats, who is already at the front of the pack.

You're right, of course; they all have been battling the same thing. But I think all of the rain is going to be more detrimental to a corps such as Spirit, who obviously is trying to play catch-up, than a corps such as Bluecoats, who is already at the front of the pack.

The Colts are in the same boat as Spirit. In fact, the closer is not going on the field tonight because of the rain yesterday.

I wonder if the powers that be at Spirit are just aware of all the negative impressions of this years show. It started early but they have done very little to improve anything. I sat next to the parents of a member at a show and they said he would not march Spirit next year.

I think they just want to get through the season. I wonder if there will be any staff changes. There are a few captions that probably need to. Guard is one that comes to mind. I remember at the Memorial day cookout, the staff was introduced and the guard caption head was one who was a prior staffer who had been promoted to caption head. At that time I though Hmmm.

I hope they start thinking about future programs and the southern style they think they need to do it (retro). If you want an idea thing of the south in broader terms that doesn't rely on jazzy, swarmy, music.

Try this "Southern Seasons":

Opener or preshow could consist of the main title from "Steel Magnolias", it starts soft then crescendos into big hit. Then goes into "Tree Fireworks" from the same title. This would set the stage for summer.

Next we have fall arriving with the dreaded hurricane season that we coastal residents dread. The piece here would be "Home from the Sea" and "Coast Guard Rescue" from "The Perfect Storm"

Winter comes to the south and it totally cripples us as the country saw this past winter. While we are unprepared for it, it does change our landscape into something beautiful and haunting. I think "Snow in August" from "Nanny Mcphee would make a wonderful ballad here.

Spring comes in with "Coming Home" from "The Perfect Storm" and "Hope Springs Eternal" from Air Supply.

No props needed. Story told silks and choreography and off course drill. The key would be the transitions from one season to the other.

Now that I think about it, this maybe a better fit for a re-emerging Southwind.

• Like 2

I wonder if the powers that be at Spirit are just aware of all the negative impressions of this years show. It started early but they have done very little to improve anything. I sat next to the parents of a member at a show and they said he would not march Spirit next year.

I think they just want to get through the season. I wonder if there will be any staff changes. There are a few captions that probably need to. Guard is one that comes to mind. I remember at the Memorial day cookout, the staff was introduced and the guard caption head was one who was a prior staffer who had been promoted to caption head. At that time I though Hmmm.

I hope they start thinking about future programs and the southern style they think they need to do it (retro). If you want an idea thing of the south in broader terms that doesn't rely on jazzy, swarmy, music.

Try this "Southern Seasons":

Opener or preshow could consist of the main title from "Steel Magnolias", it starts soft then crescendos into big hit. Then goes into "Tree Fireworks" from the same title. This would set the stage for summer.

Next we have fall arriving with the dreaded hurricane season that we coastal residents dread. The piece here would be "Home from the Sea" and "Coast Guard Rescue" from "The Perfect Storm"

Winter comes to the south and it totally cripples us as the country saw this past winter. While we are unprepared for it, it does change our landscape into something beautiful and haunting. I think "Snow in August" from "Nanny Mcphee would make a wonderful ballad here.

Spring comes in with "Coming Home" from "The Perfect Storm" and "Hope Springs Eternal" from Air Supply.

No props needed. Story told silks and choreography and off course drill. The key would be the transitions from one season to the other.

Now that I think about it, this maybe a better fit for a re-emerging Southwind.

Have they ever done a "Gone with the Wind" show?