Spirit of Atlanta...

JKT90

With BDB and SCVC, Spirit could fall as low as 19th. I wish I could understand how things went so wrong. I wonder if it will affect recruiting. The staff should really be ashamed at what they gave those kids.

• Like 1

With BDB and SCVC, Spirit could fall as low as 19th. I wish I could understand how things went so wrong. I wonder if it will affect recruiting. The staff should really be ashamed at what they gave those kids.

Disappointing decision makers in that organization. Need to get back to their Southern roots. OMG, I just remember SOA from the 80's and it's sad to see what has become of that once great Corps. Not the members fault. It's management! They can't even blast out "Georgia on my Mind" during the warmup. Ridiculous! (Like their uniforms though)

Disappointing decision makers in that organization. Need to get back to their Southern roots. OMG, I just remember SOA from the 80's and it's sad to see what has become of that once great Corps. Not the members fault. It's management! They can't even blast out "Georgia on my Mind" during the warmup. Ridiculous! (Like their uniforms though)

"Getting back to their Southern roots" is a big reason why this season has been such a disappointment for them. It's like they took a typical incredible Spirit show in the 80s and copy-pasted it for 2014, adding in a tree and electronics. IMO they need to move on from the 80s, and fall back to the innovation they've done the past few years to build a new winning tradition.

• Like 4

What's more important: "blasting" your corps song or making sure the brass is properly prepared for the show? Save Georgia for encores and community concerts.

1. How much talent left the corps and why?

2. Don't put a lot of the blame on the instructors.

It starts with the program coordinator and the design team.

God no! It's shows that do not reflect those southern roots that made them successful the last 3 years. For sure changes need to be made one the design team and guard caption and instructors.

Spirit members are as talented and dedicated as as any other corp members. I am not sure that will be case in the future given the cost to, and commitment given by all corp members. " A shiny turd is still a turd". These kids deserve better from the management and staff.

Perhaps if they didn't clean house after last season, we wouldn't be discussing this. IMO, they were both successful and entertaining the past 3 or 4 seasons and a clear finalist corps that was a fan favorite.

Now that they've just been topped by Oregon Crusaders and The Academy, serious questions must be answered before next season for them to even be sniffing finals. This past week at West Chester and Allentown, I almost felt as if this corps had given up already. Their performance level seemed worse than June, and frankly I was shocked they were still hanging with Colts. And now we've seen what happened last night.

Please please please SoA board, make some smart decisions after this season to give some life back to these kids in terms of being competitive again.