2014 Schedule Released

Salem, VA gets 4 top 12 corps (Blue Stars, Cavaliers, Crown, Blue Devils) and awesome corps like Academy, Pioneer, and Colts?

I enjoy this. I enjoy this greatly.

Madison in both Cheyenne and Denver baby!

• Like 1

Coastal Surge and Thunder at Open Class championships, which would make one more corps than this year.

• Like 1

My plans for the summer will be the New England shows and Allentown. Depending on my vacation schedule I may do Atlanta since I can't do to Indy, or at least I can't at this point in time.

I'm liking the schedule as it is right now. There will be six New England shows: four with WC and OC corps, one WC only, and one OC only (if you like the feel of an old school show with people who just enjoy drum corps, this show in Manchester is for you!). We won't be seeing BD, SCV, Phantom, and Cavies. I also wish we would see more of the WC corps that finished 13-22, especially if the competition is as tight as last year.

However, we will have many of my favorites: Spirit, Crossmen, Bluecoats, Madison, Surf, Cadets, and of course BAC. Crown will be returning to the Boston area for July 4th. My guess is the folks in Bristol are pretty happy. At last year's show everyone wondered why Crown chose California over Rhode Island and the people at the souvenir booth missed Boston on July 4th. Cadets will find receptive fans. I'm really excited to see Troopers in late July. I'm also taking credit for Troopers coming back to New England. I've begged them to come back for years and they finally listened to me. The folks I Casper, Wyoming may see it differently, especially since they have no idea of who I am, but I'll take credit anyway.

Edited by Tim K

So TOC shows are back, but now with non G7 corps.

Not only that, but in several of the Tour of Champions shows, a G7 corps is missing. It looks like Carolina Crown is the only G7 corps who will appear at all eight ToC events:

Dekalb 7/13

G7 appearing: Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Cadets, Carolina Crown, Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment

non-G7 appearing: Blue Stars

G7 not appearing: Santa Clara Vanguard

Warrensburg 7/14

G7 appearing: Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Cadets, Carolina Crown, Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment, Santa Clara Vanguard

non-G7 appearing: none

G7 not appearing: none

Houston 7/18

G7 appearing: Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Carolina Crown, Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment, Santa Clara Vanguard

non-G7 appearing: Blue Knights

G7 not appearing: Cadets

Murfreesboro 7/25

G7 appearing: Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Cadets, Carolina Crown, Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment, Santa Clara Vanguard

non-G7 appearing: Boston Crusaders (and Music City)

Charlotte 7/27

G7 appearing: Blue Devils, Cadets, Carolina Crown, Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment, Santa Clara Vanguard

non-G7 appearing; Spirit of Atlanta

G7 not appearing: Bluecoats

East Rutherford (or vicinity) 7/31

non-G7 appearing: none

Buffalo 8/3

G7 appearing: Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Cadets, Carolina Crown, Cavaliers, Santa Clara Vanguard

non-G7 appearing: Troopers

G7 not appearing: Phantom Regiment

Massillon 8/4

G7 appearing: Bluecoats, Cadets, Carolina Crown, Phantom Regiment, Santa Clara Vanguard

non-G7 appearing: Boston Crusaders, Crossmen

G7 not appearing: Blue Devils, Cavaliers

The DCI article describes Murfreesboro and Massillon as ToC events, but the schedule does not list them with that name.

SoCal drum corps fans boned again. Sigh.

Yeah, I know 2007 at the Rose Bowl was a cost-prohibitive anomaly, but it doesn't make me wanna embrace Teh Suck any more than I have to.

Guess we'll be driving up to Stanford once more to see some dirty shows that won't look or sound anything like the epic awesomeness everyone else with more disposable income will get to see 6-8 weeks later.

C'est la vie, said the old folks...