Nice Brass

gsksun4

Just found this and I wonder if she's really playing.

The whole thing sounds good and I wonder if any drum corps has ever played ths piece. I believe it's Rodrigo's Concierto de Aranjuez. If not, they should.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXIdaHt9Ow8

OK, it's from a movie and the player is Tara Fitzgerald, so it's staged.

Grimthorpe Colliery Band did the soundtrack.

But who cares, she looks so darn good.

Edited by gsksun4

That's from the movie Brassed Off. It's a very good film, and was a hit with critics. Fun story, fantastic music. It's available on Netflix. As for Concerto de Aranjuez, the Madison Scouts played it in their fantastic 1995 show, and the Blue Devils played a bit of it in 2003. In DCA, the Caballeros played it a number of times, most recently in 2002.

Edited by Kamarag

That's from the movie Brassed Off. It's a very good film, and was a hit with critics. Fun story, fantastic music. It's available on Netflix. As for Concerto de Aranjuez, the Madison Scouts played it in their fantastic 1995 show, and the Blue Devils played a bit of it in 2003. In DCA, the Caballeros played it a number of times, most recently in 2002.

Thanks John. While listening, I did think of Hawthorne, and yes,I'm sure Madison did it justice, along with BD.

Beautiful music. Now I have to go back and find more by Rodrigo.

Edited by gsksun4

In DCA, the Caballeros played it a number of times, most recently in 2002.

Not only have we played it, but I believe it is now no longer allowed to be played in Drum Corps.....something about all of these "rights" to perform or arrange.

Not only have we played it, but I believe it is now no longer allowed to be played in Drum Corps.....something about all of these "rights" to perform or arrange.

A corps can actually perform any piece without rights. Just play is backwards and have the audience hold up mirrors, then they can hear it frontwards. :wacko:

Edited by bill
  • Like 1