AUDITION CAMPS

Went to Cadets camp yesterday. I'm guessing there was about 250 rookies. Tons of drummers and a good influx of talented kids from Cadets2.

Cadets and Cadets2 had a combined first camp, so there was no influx from one corps to another.

Like I said, the Cadets got some talented kids from Cadets 2

Like I said, the camp was combined. How can you say the junior corps got kids from Cadets2 when everyone was just trying out in a combined camp? I suspect maybe you mean some kids from 2 auditioned with the hope of making the junior corps and that is to be expected. Time will tell if there turns out to be an influx from one corps to another.

Like I said, the camp was combined. How can you say the junior corps got kids from Cadets2 when everyone was just trying out in a combined camp? I suspect maybe you mean some kids from 2 auditioned with the hope of making the junior corps and that is to be expected. Time will tell if there turns out to be an influx from one corps to another.

No, from conversations with friends on staff, Cadets picked up some very talented kids from Cadets 2. Look, if you're looking for someone to argue with, look elsewhere.

it was a combined camp yes, but spots were offered to the DCI corps that were filled by kids from C2 last year.

No, from conversations with friends on staff, Cadets picked up some very talented kids from Cadets 2. Look, if you're looking for someone to argue with, look elsewhere.

Not looking to argue, sorry. If the Cadets already selected several members that marched Cadets2 previously I stand corrected.

Remember, there are C2 members that previously marched other DCA and DCI corps and went to C2 perhaps for money issues, time commitments etc. apparently there were a bunch of very talented kids that were jumping back in DCI (Cadets) for there last year or two.

They had the largest number of auditionees ever for percussion at this camp is what I heard.

Glad to hear it. As you said, photos can be tricky at times. Thanks for the info.

Whats the big deal?

If cadets get kids from C2 or not ??

Thats what they are there for . March C2 if you cant make Cadets or don't have the time or money for the summer .

It is not a big deal if kids go from one corps to another. I think it is great and is apparently working out for all involved.

I only questioned the report that a lot C2 members have already been accepted to C1 at this early point in the season. I only questioned it because it is so early in the year and I just assumed that cuts and contracts would be made after a few camps and that the report was premature. The YEA site does congratulate members award spots for 2014, as previously stated I stand corrected.