Phantom Regiment 2014

...Swans are very masculine, aggressive and athletic birds after all....

This.

(Part of this article says the danger is overrated, but I'm not buying it!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17736292

I don't know where Tchaikovsky got his happy, pretty, graceful swans from. Swans might be pretty to look at from afar, but they are seriously nasty, mean, bully birds. If Phantom were doing a "real world" Swan Lake, it'd involve a "swan" color guard absolutely hounding judges relentlessly, shoving other corps members out of the way, and pecking and beating everyone that gets near them to death.

Now that I think about it, that would be pretty amazing...

Edited by troon8

I don't know where Tchaikovsky got his happy, pretty, graceful swans from. Swans might be pretty to look at from afar, but they are seriously nasty, mean, bully birds. If Phantom were doing a "real world" Swan Lake, it'd involve a "swan" color guard absolutely hounding judges relentlessly, shoving other corps members out of the way, and pecking and beating everyone that gets near them to death.

Gee, and here I was thinking an 1800's Aristocratic gentlemen's pistol duel tongue in cheek suggestion for a show theme might be too masculine and agressive for some tastes. You take it up a whole 'nutha notch with your vivid imagination here, troon8 ( haha! )

Edited by BRASSO

I once assisted in a small way with a project documenting the reintroduction of trumpeter swans to Ohio and was astonished at how large they were--about twice as large as Canada geese.

• 4 months later...

I'm so excited for the 2014 members. From what I can tell, these members look quite capable.

Can't wait to see how this show unfolds.

SUTA!!!

youre right...themes have been done by MANY over and over ..ughhh and over again..sometimes better with and updated look as well as theatrics sometimes not as good.....PR has stayed in many aspects like their past BUT in a sense that's what has made them different .

As far as the female guard...it worked for the production when they changed and has worked each year since BUT I can tell you theme was only a fraction of the reason to go to all female..................enough said by me.................lol... :shutup: drama..drama...drama :fight:

Might I remind you, as has been said many times before, Regiment won it all by themselves with no ties doing a repeat in 2008. Spartacus was done twice in the 80s by Regiment and pulled off a silver before they won it all in 2008. Regiment does what Regiment does and they do it very well.

• Like 4

What is it about PR that makes them unwilling or unable to take the musical and visual risks that Cadets, Crown, BD etc. take?

BINGO!!!! I've been wondering this for the last few years!!!! But I'm sure they will make a lot of people happy, as most drum corps fanatics don't want anything to change.

I used to never be a BD van, but I'll be willing to bet they are going to have my favorite show this year. At least iti won't be the same old song, 2nd, err 3rd, err. 4th, err or whatever verse. But good luck to PR anyway.

Might I remind you, as has been said many times before, Regiment won it all by themselves with no ties doing a repeat in 2008. Spartacus was done twice in the 80s by Regiment and pulled off a silver before they won it all in 2008. Regiment does what Regiment does and they do it very well.

and? maybe you missed the point . I said that they stay true to who they want to be so maybe it makes them different.

Edited by GUARDLING