Phantom Regiment 2014

As I watched the video I kept trying to tell myself - It's only June, but even that's not working.

Wow, there is so much dirt coming from those drums that its not even funny. The music is so un-engaging and dis-interesting that I'm not sure I care to even watch this program on the field. I think a 9th or 10th place finish will be a real win for this group.

• Like 1

Who cares if the arrangement doesn't meet our expectations?.... Ok the judges might care.. I think the kids will have fun this summer playing their show for thousands and the audience will enjoy watching them perform too :thumbs-up:

Too soon to dismiss them now.

I don't think its too soon at all. And if I were one of the kids playing these arraignments, I would be disappointed. Sorry, not going to be a "sun is always shining - golly gee life is grand!" kinda person. If something stinks, there is usually **** nearby.

• Like 1

There is no demand in the horn book at all everything just blends in im worried for them I hope the visual side of things are a lot better if not they are in trouble

yall: the drum "dirt" you hear in the recording is a function of the acoustics of the space + rain more than anything. I mean of course they're dirty:it's early season. But that effect is exacerbated by the acoustics.

I'm actually really excited to see what Bret does with the line. On first listen, book sounds interesting to me.

There is no demand in the horn book at all everything just blends in im worried for them I hope the visual side of things are a lot better if not they are in trouble

Part of me wonders if that is a Top 12 show? I guess you never really know until you see the competition, but its going to be very interesting to see where they place this weekend. I will not be surprised if they struggle to make the top 10. This is a mess.

• Like 1

The writing is simply one big garbled mess. The pieces sound like a bunch of randomly picked selections stuck together in desperation to get a show done. The transition and flow from one piece to another is nothing short of amateurish. The front ensemble writing sounds like a bunch of people banging around at will. And god knows, I hope the recording is responsbile for the the percussion sounding as bad as it does, if not they are in serious trouble. Quite simply, this is the worse show I've heard from PR in a long, long time.

Someone posted earlier, it looks like a 9th or 10th place for PR. I think the is being way optimistic.

So what happend with all the great things this new team of people that have previously worked together were going to produce ???

If this is the best they can do, someone better start firing people today. Starting with Dan Farrell.

Unless someone wakes up and gets rid of Dan Farrell, he is going to run this corps slam into the ground.

END OF POINT!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Part of me wonders if that is a Top 12 show? I guess you never really know until you see the competition, but its going to be very interesting to see where they place this weekend. I will not be surprised i, f they struggle to make the top 10. This is a mess.

I totally agree. I seriously wonder if they will make finals with this show, no matter how good the drill is.