Phantom Regiment 2014

A lot of the older alums are toxic. One of the reasons why it took so long to do an alumni hornline.

There's a thread in one of the alumni forums about how horrible all the programming is at Phantom Regiment and an alum has like 12 youtube clips of "better sections" they could have chosen for Swan Lake and they talk incessantly about the corps being bad.

GST, I am curious. Would you please identify the alumni forum and thread to which you refer in this post. Thanks.

A lot of the older alums are toxic. One of the reasons why it took so long to do an alumni hornline.

There's a thread in one of the alumni forums about how horrible all the programming is at Phantom Regiment and an alum has like 12 youtube clips of "better sections" they could have chosen for Swan Lake and they talk incessantly about the corps being bad.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has been left feeling a little flat from the shows. Those kids are playing their butts off, but I don't feel the intense fire like Faust or the passion from Spartacus. That comes from the music they are playing/visuals they do, not how they do them.

AMEN!!!

Well, if that is this forum's goal, some of us should probably suspend their efforts to convince chaos001 to discontinue his/her posts.

If it were not for the edge which chaos001 brings to this discussion and the counterpoints offered by those who object in some manner to those postings, we would never reach zigzigZag's goal.

I for one enjoy chaos001's contributions as much as I enjoy anyone (particularly those who have had, like me, the opportunity to line up on the starting line with our corps) who takes the time and makes the effort to offer their judgements and weave their suggestions about what can be done to improve each years's final product/program.

I've only been on DCP a short time but as to factual matters about the Regiment, I can count on his veracity.

As to his opinions, so be it. Although some perceive them as "hateful" or "mean" or "cutting", others may understand them as honest and open critiques of what she believes is happening in "Phantom's world" vs what should be happening or could be done to give the current members, the kids, the best drum corps and life experiences possible. I am among those that hold the second view.

Out of chaos will come order.

SUTA!

Michael

Soprano Bugle

Phantom Regiment

1956-1960

PS Lincoln, I will be posting another comment shortly (on the "phantom alumni horn line" site started by the esteemed Mr. Boo) about the recent alumni gathering in Rockford. Something I forgot to post earlier.

• Like 1

Well, if that is this forum's goal, some of us should probably suspend their efforts to convince chaos001 to discontinue his/her posts.

Out of chaos will come order.

PS Lincoln, I will be posting another comment shortly (on the "phantom alumni horn line" site started by the esteemed Mr. Boo) about the recent alumni gathering in Rockford. Something I forgot to post earlier.

Thanks 1956OPR. I'm looking forward to it!

Nothing Chaos has said has even approached the level of criticism John Brazale could dish out during a rehearsal. LOL. That man was a poet. (And still missed, btw.)

• Like 3

A little bit off topic, but how do you get the corps banners in your signature? I suppose I could copy and paste some into mine, but everyone's seem to be slightly different. I don't want to just copy someone else's. They're really cool!

On June 24, 2014, NeutralNovice posted a "how-to" tutorial on the " 2014 World Class Banners Update" site. I recommend typing this site title into the

DCP search facility at the top of this page.

If you have a Mac and are able to do what you want, let me know how. I have tried to follow the site's guidance but not succeeded for reasons that remain a mystery.

Hope this helps you…and me.

Edited by 1956OPR

Yes, but nothing like other corps who have been more historically visually oriented, but yes.

Have you never heard of John Brazale?

• Like 1