Phantom Regiment 2014

I just watched the latest VOD available and will agree with whomever said it earlier, but the corps should get rid of the uniform change and just come out in black. The change detracts from the show as a whole. They should leave the uniform change to the guard. But then there would be a of drill to rewrite and that's probably a stretch at this point.

Nice to hear some power in the last unison note.

Wish someone would tell the flugal horn player he is playing flat.

It is nice to see they are improving.

Edited by eric49
  • Like 1

I just watched the latest VOD available and will agree with whomever said it earlier, but the corps should get rid of the uniform change and just come out in black. The change detracts from the show as a whole. They should leave the uniform change to the guard. But then there would be a of drill to rewrite and that's probably a stretch at this point.

Nice to hear some power in the last unison note.

Wish someone would tell the flugal horn player he is playing flat.

It is nice to see they are improving.

If the flugel player was playing flat, I'm sure the powers that be would let him know.

Just a question.

Have you watched their guard at all this year?

No extensions for these girls. They are told to start growing their hair long the minute they make the line.

• Like 1

Just a question.

Have you watched their guard at all this year?

No extensions for these girls. They are told to start growing their hair long the minute they make the line.

How do I delete this post?

Edited by Echo2014

Guard is PR's strongest caption this year imo, at least right now. They do a LOT of work, and their weapon tosses are both more numerous and more difficult than in the majority of years' past. Also, their weapon section is significantly larger than in years' past (= more difficulty). If PR has any problems this year, the guard is not one of them. Also, their movement book is great this year... The all-movement "Rockord files" (old-school, fast-paced ripple effect using flags and rifle tosses down a vertical straight line -- usually 3 across -- that showed up in a lot of Regiment shows in various combinations in the late 70s & early 80s) is pretty KICK A**.

One criticism I have from years' past is that PR's guard often added movement for movement's sake alone. It was not particularly effective or all that difficult...more like window dressing. This year, they have some great movement statements that are purposeful and tend to involve a great deal of training/ technique. I don't know names, but I remember reading a guard instructor had been promoted to guard caption head this season. She (I belive it was a she) is doing a wonderful job imo.....the guard is clearly one of the corps' strongest assets this year.

Edited by ordsw24
  • Like 2