Phantom Regiment 2014

This is the discussion I really like as it gives me insight and I appreciate your opinions. I dont always agree but life would sure be dull if we all agreed. The last show that I really liked was Turandot(2012) I will dig out my dvd and watch Into The Light and look at it differently and see what I think now.

• Like 2

Thanks for rekindling my fond memories of Into The Light, you guys. I was in a difficult state emotionally during the 2010 season, and I chose one show (Into The Light) to listen to over and over again based only on APDs. Unfortunately, things didn't go too well with my life on the day I was to watch Phantom Regiment live, but the beauty and emotion from that show overwhelmed any sadness I felt. It remains my favorite and most-played DCI show on my iPod to this day.

• Like 3

Thanks for rekindling my fond memories of Into The Light, you guys. I was in a difficult state emotionally during the 2010 season, and I chose one show (Into The Light) to listen to over and over again based only on APDs. Unfortunately, things didn't go too well with my life on the day I was to watch Phantom Regiment live, but the beauty and emotion from that show overwhelmed any sadness I felt. It remains my favorite and most-played DCI show on my iPod to this day.

The discussion about Into the Light prompted me to pull up the show just now. It really is the only show since 2010 that I like from PR. I feel that it was the most under appreciated show that year. I think there was a lot about it that went over a lot of heads. But every time I watch it, it is very emotional. The music, the sound, the drill and personally I thought be season's end the guard kind of pulled it together. And at the very end when I see the backs of the corps running toward the exit and afterwards the guard memeber comes out to call everyone home I don't know how anyone could not be touched by that. It is truely musical theater at it's best.

Oh, and btw, I feel the same way about the Devil's Staircase from SCV. Such a great well designed show, and the music was great too.

• Like 1

Phantom and everyone else makes a lot of drill changes. Do you remember Spartacus before mid-season rewrites? At one point the corps forms a sword on the field and rotates it. That was completely rewritten as was a lot of the last piece.

Ah, yes, the giant phallic symbol. :)

Seriously, that's what it looked like. And, I suspect, why they changed it.

Edited by jthomas666

Hey, when did this thread turn into a love fest?

Please get back to bickering... :)

The corps has always been a fan favorite, judging by applause. If this thread is a leading indicator, such support may dwindle. This thread is incredibly negative, but not negative for negative's sake. What's troubling is that the statements being made are logical and legitimate.

I do wish open-minded leadership at Phantom Regiment would read this thread. Not local complaints like "not enough color" or "changing to all black" (all of which could be very valid for this season). But global complaints about music programming, arrangements, story lines, admiration for 2005-2007, 2010, etc.

• Like 2

Hey, when did this thread turn into a love fest?

Please get back to bickering... :)

The corps has always been a fan favorite, judging by applause. If this thread is a leading indicator, such support may dwindle. This thread is incredibly negative, but not negative for negative's sake. What's troubling is that the statements being made are logical and legitimate.

I do wish open-minded leadership at Phantom Regiment would read this thread. Not local complaints like "not enough color" or "changing to all black" (all of which could be very valid for this season). But global complaints about music programming, arrangements, story lines, admiration for 2005-2007, 2010, etc.

Unless people are bashing for bashing's sake, every comment/critique comes from a place of love and respect for the Phantom Regiment. That will never change.

Grammie, how do you know the closer is being changed this week?

A little bird told me..I dont state things that I am not sure of and that have not been validated.

Whatever you think or believe he was pushed out.

Dude. It was a one-year position. As someone who knows the reasons why Jamey wasn't there 08-10, let me tell you that you are barking up the wrong tree looking for conspiracy here. There is nothing sinister at play, and there is no drama involved. Now, back to 2014, of which there are issues aplenty to discuss.

• Like 1