Phantom Regiment 2014

um....this year's show is still one of regiment's lowest-scoring in longer than a decade. we are barely breaking 90. initial estimates, unfortunately, have not been too far off.

Your point is?

It's great to know how people are reacting to Phantom. From my perspective we have the following to look forward to in 2015.

Brass: Check

Arranger: Check

Percussion: Check

Guard: Check:

Visual: Check

Along with Cavies, Phantom has an opportunity, with the right vehicle, to make quite a statement in 2015. I hope that they refrain from a defined story and choose something equivalent to a theme which will allow them more freedom.

• Like 2

um....this year's show is still one of regiment's lowest-scoring in longer than a decade. we are barely breaking 90. initial estimates, unfortunately, have not been too far off.

2009 - all that wonderful staff. Coming off a championship year. Decade?

Your point is?

my point is that people who say this year's show is wonderful are wrong.

2009 - all that wonderful staff. Coming off a championship year. Decade?

oy....forgot about 2009....might've blocked that year from memory, lol.

• Like 1

From the "know your territory" perspective in judging, it can take a few viewings before judges give more credit. This is why 3 shows back to back in Indy usually benefit corps that surge like Phantom and a few others often do.

There are still flaws in the show and demand deficiencies, but what they've pulled off over the last 3 weeks is just amazing. I think they have a shot at hitting 92 or so in Indy. Feeling more confident about 7th (though I love BK too). I think there is a very small chance trend based on their scoring trend vs Cavies that they can pull even with them to challenge for 6th.

Given the rookies and the way the season started that is a very impressive to me. Most of all excited to hear the classic regiment brass sound re-emerging in full force. I care a lot more about that than their score, to be honest. It's great to see the live being thrown at them now by most who have seen them live in the last week!

Finish strong!

Harvey

Edited by TexasPRfan
  • Like 2

Ouch. Have you been reading any other threads on this forum? I'm just going to leave that comment out there for everyone to see without reacting any further.

"WE ARE BARELY BREAKING 90!" Do you have any idea what it takes to break 90? There were thousands of drum corps fans last night in Massillon that were THRILLED to be able to see a performance of the that level. I don't think many of them were thinking anything about a number 90 or 99. This corps has reached a level that ALL Phantom Regiment fans/alumni should just smile and say THIS IS PHANTOM REGIMENT!

Or....

Phantom has tapped into something that makes people remember why they love the corps and those people are reacting.

It's okay to say you love something. It doesn't detract from something done before, it's just saying I like it.

• Like 1

I'm very excited to see this on Thursday! Based on a bunch of reviews and comments since Atlanta, sounds like the show is really starting to gel and the performers are really starting sell it. Still not a show I can say I love, but it's not the show I thought it was going to be way back in June, and I mean that in the best of ways. Sounds like they're going to finish out strong!

• Like 1