Phantom Regiment 2014

Or....

Phantom has tapped into something that makes people remember why they love the corps and those people are reacting.

It's okay to say you love something. It doesn't detract from something done before, it's just saying I like it.

They should be very proud of what they're accomplishing. It's an entertaining show and they are definitely cranking it up a notch to two.
  • Like 1

Ouch. Have you been reading any other threads on this forum? I'm just going to leave that comment out there for everyone to see without reacting any further.

ajlemm, be my guest.

to be clear, my frustrations w/r/t regiment's year so far lie with the design team. i think they bungled from the get-go what could have been a superior show.

oldbandguy: i do know what it takes to break 90. not all alumni are smiling, nor should they, in my opinion.

I hope all those young adults who are with Phantom this year are proud of their contribution.

I also hope they come back next year to continue to move forward.

I completely agree with this.

I am still not a fan of this year's design, but it has definitely improved. More than anything, the students in the corps have done a superb job of growing with the experience of the season and overcoming the design they were given.

2013 left me in a bad disposition. 2014, on the other hand, has left me with some excitement for what might be in 2015. I credit the students almost exclusively for this.

look gang it's a good show. good. regiment should be better than good. 90 is just a number. of course i realize this. of course the students in the corps have nothing at all to be ashamed of. they are killing themselves and are learning things they will never forget as long as they live, as i and anyone who has ever marched any corps at any level did.

but the show should be better. the show should be totally radical. it's not. i'm bummed. i am glad regiment is starting to sound like regiment. i am glad the show design has improved over the course of the last few weeks.

how about regiment sound like regiment just a bit sooner? and how about making a show that isn't a cl-sterf-ck until the last week in july?

• Like 1

Let's emphasize how insane the competition is this year. We might have the strongest ever top 5 this year. Not to mention BK is having one of it's strongest years in a while and the cavies are starting to get back into their groove. The fact that this show is already doing better than 2009 is impressive and should not be overlooked. This isn't phantom's best design but I think they will be heading in the right direction.

• Like 2

Let's emphasize how insane the competition is this year. We might have the strongest ever top 5 this year. Not to mention BK is having one of it's strongest years in a while and the cavies are starting to get back into their groove. The fact that this show is already doing better than 2009 is impressive and should not be overlooked. This isn't phantom's best design but I think they will be heading in the right direction.

yeah.....being better than 2009 isn't that impressive to me.

it is true the competition is very strong this year. everyone is doing really well. except for phantom. which is my point-- everyone (else) managed to assemble an interesting, competitive show this year.

this is the source of my summer bummer. and i'd rather take that lick than pretend it is something better than it really is.

• Like 2

yeah.....being better than 2009 isn't that impressive to me.

it is true the competition is very strong this year. everyone is doing really well. except for phantom. which is my point-- everyone (else) managed to assemble an interesting, competitive show this year.

this is the source of my summer bummer. and i'd rather take that lick than pretend it is something better than it really is.

To each their own. I'm very entertained by Phantom's show this year and that's good enough for me. Placements don't matter in the end because there are certain shows this season I will go back to listen to and certain shows I won't. I think you know which list this show falls under for me.

• Like 1

ajlemm, be my guest.

to be clear, my frustrations w/r/t regiment's year so far lie with the design team. i think they bungled from the get-go what could have been a superior show.

oldbandguy: i do know what it takes to break 90. not all alumni are smiling, nor should they, in my opinion.

Well we are certainly entitled to our opinions aren't we???? I don't know you personally so please, don't speak for this alum. I'll say it again...in case you filtered out the constructive stuff in this thread. The marching members of the 2014 edition of Phantom Regimentare the embodiment of what this organization is all about. They are the grit, they are drive, the sweat, the emotion, the determination that has developed a following over the years. They succeed despite what certain people have to say. I wish them a Phantastic run at finals this coming weekend and my heart will be with theirs as they take the field and do this organization proud.

SUTA

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 3

Well we are certainly entitled to our opinions aren't we???? I don't know you personally so please, don't speak for this alum. I'll say it again...in case you filtered out the constructive stuff in this thread. The marching members of the 2014 edition of Phantom Regiment embodiment of what this organization is all about. They are the grit, they are drive, the sweat, the emotion, the determination that has developed a following over the years. They succeed despite what certain people have to say. I wish them a Phantastic run at finals this coming weekend and my heart will be with theirs as they take the field and do this organization proud.

SUTA

riiiiiight...yeah i'm pretty sure my comments have made it clear i am speaking to the design of this year's show, and not of the effort given by its marching members. additionally, my comment "some alumni are not smiling, nor should they," implicitly acknowledges some alumni ARE smiling. like you. some are, some are not.

i hope this clears things up.

suta

• Like 1

riiiiiight...yeah i'm pretty sure my comments have made it clear i am speaking to the design of this year's show, and not of the effort given by its marching members. additionally, my comment "some alumni are not smiling, nor should they," implicitly acknowledges some alumni ARE smiling. like you. some are, some are not.

i hope this clears things up.

suta

Not really, but fine. It's a big world with room for all viewpoints. Just don't speak for others.