Phantom Regiment 2014

I offered my services (for free) some years ago to Valenzuela. He politely declined.

144V1rw.png?1

Dude, what the hell? I've been saying for years that SURELY an alum or fan out there is a web person willing to do it for free. This actually upsets me.

And, for what it's worth, your design looks fantastic!

They did a bit of it in 2011, but I would love to see it revisited with the time and attention it deserves.

I meant a whole show, just like what you said.

• Like 1

Dude, what the hell? I've been saying for years that SURELY an alum or fan out there is a web person willing to do it for free. This actually upsets me.

And, for what it's worth, your design looks fantastic!

Thanks!

I'm sure there's a reason they are not open to someone doing it for them, or maybe Rick just doesn't like me :P Who knows.

I offered my services (for free) some years ago to Valenzuela. He politely declined.

144V1rw.png?1

jflQk5j.png?1

Wow, what a downer. Your design looks great! I wonder why he declined, maybe they have too much vested in their current hosting/servers whatever. It is small things like this that bug me, though. Every single aspect of a corps (or any other organization) is indicative of how a corps is run. Is it coincidence that the top corps largely have the best websites? No. Is a website design the end of the world? No. But does it represent the organization and how it's run? yes. It may not even be an accurate representation, but it is a representation.

That's what Regiment should do! Verdi's Requiem!

I would probably explode in tears of joy. There was an amazing Japanese marching band that did a full verdi requiem show and it's very very good. The video is somewhere on youtube I think. I would love to see PR explore that.

• Like 4

Indeed. As sad as I am to see him and Rennick at Vanguard, I'm thoroughly enjoying the products they've been putting out after being "unleashed", as it were.

Referencing the Shaw & Rennick team at SCV above - I'm not sure I really agree (which is unusual as I almost always agree with you, zacharias). If I look at the last 3 music books from SCV, I don't see anything ultra creative or indicative of being "unleashed." Starry night was bland (including the steril nod to Music of the Night at the end), Les Miz was brilliant but hardly groundbreaking or innovative, and this year's Scheherezade is a pale comparison of 2004 musically. To me, the sublime music books from 2003-2008 with Regiment are FAR superior and more innovative (with multiple top 3 finishes to boot). Just my humble opinion. I've been expecting more from Vanguard that what we've gotten given the greatness the pairing delivered for Regiment. One terrific music book out of 3 at SCV so far - the track record was much stronger with Regiment.

• Like 1

Wow, what a downer. Your design looks great! I wonder why he declined, maybe they have too much vested in their current hosting/servers whatever. It is small things like this that bug me, though. Every single aspect of a corps (or any other organization) is indicative of how a corps is run. Is it coincidence that the top corps largely have the best websites? No. Is a website design the end of the world? No. But does it represent the organization and how it's run? yes. It may not even be an accurate representation, but it is a representation.

I would probably explode in tears of joy. There was an amazing Japanese marching band that did a full verdi requiem show and it's very very good. The video is somewhere on youtube I think. I would love to see PR explore that.

Perhaps someone else is already doing it? I thought I saw something a while ago saying they were looking at redoing their website. gabe211 said that he politely declined. If it was a while ago, maybe he could reach out again? Who knows if it might be the right time now.

As for the Verdi, I can just see it now....."Phantom once again doing something a marching band did."

As for the Japanese Marching Band that did the Verdi show, I believe this is the video.

http://youtu.be/wcyusfO0DgE

• Like 1

Referencing the Shaw & Rennick team at SCV above - I'm not sure I really agree (which is unusual as I almost always agree with you, zacharias). If I look at the last 3 music books from SCV, I don't see anything ultra creative or indicative of being "unleashed." Starry night was bland (including the steril nod to Music of the Night at the end), Les Miz was brilliant but hardly groundbreaking or innovative, and this year's Scheherezade is a pale comparison of 2004 musically. To me, the sublime music books from 2003-2008 with Regiment are FAR superior and more innovative (with multiple top 3 finishes to boot). Just my humble opinion. I've been expecting more from Vanguard that what we've gotten given the greatness the pairing delivered for Regiment. One terrific music book out of 3 at SCV so far - the track record was much stronger with Regiment.

Yes, but the hornline wasn't really a problem with Regiment whenever JD took over unlike it has been at SCV until this year.

Perhaps someone else is already doing it? I thought I saw something a while ago saying they were looking at redoing their website. gabe211 said that he politely declined. If it was a while ago, maybe he could reach out again? Who knows if it might be the right time now.

I've reached out twice. Looking back at his last reply, he did say a student was working on it as part of his dues (kinda awesome for the kid). Not sure what came of that. He has my contact info though. I'll be happy to work with them if their current plans don't work out.