Phantom Regiment 2014

A friend of mine has seen the corps in their last 3 shows. Charleston was (according to him) surprisingly disappointing. However, he indicated that Pittsburgh was much better, and Massillon was even better than Pittsburgh. Thus, the trend appears to be upwards.

I am proud to be an alum of the corps, win, lose, or draw. They will represent well.

SUTA!

• Like 4

What horns were they using before they got the Jupiters? These are the one's they used first in 2003 when they switched to Bb. They had a much better sound.

Edit: Now I remember: They were Kings.

Edited by Lincoln

Something I've noticed lately compared to years gone by.

Are there any shows where a corps first action is to put the horn to the lips and blow the audience away with a giant sound? No. How many shows start out softly - almost all of them?

It would be great if Phantom had something like that next year. Something like '83's Serenade for Strings. That blew the hair off some audience members.

'06 was the last time they did that. Loved that opening.

'06 was the last time they did that. Loved that opening.

The 2006 opening was colossal.

Phantom sounded great on the Kings. The horn line is still incredible, but why in god's name would anyone ever willingly switch to Jupiter besides the cost? Just... ew. The best way to play a Jupiter is to toss it in a dumpster fire.

I believe it had to do with a deal they got through JD being a Jupiter artist.

Phantom sounded great on the Kings. The horn line is still incredible, but why in god's name would anyone ever willingly switch to Jupiter besides the cost? Just... ew. The best way to play a Jupiter is to toss it in a dumpster fire.

Because you can get it for free or reduced cost and help with R&D? Sadly the quality isn't much better over the years.