Phantom Regiment 2014

Next year Regiment does Elsa's...from Frozen. LOL.

• Like 2

Phantom has made so many positive changes to the show over the summer. I realize they may be unhappy with their placement and scores, but the corps should know their fans appreciate all the hard work they have put into developing and improving this years production. One of the parts of the corps that is not as strong in 2014 is the guard. The Phantomettes just don't have the same impact this year as they have had in recent years. Part of it is staging, and costuming, but the actual guard work itself is not as effective. I only bring this up because of how strong their guard has been in recent years. All corps experience challenging years and Phantom has handled all the difficulty they have experienced this summer with class and dignity. I hope next years program has a more solid concept and that the corps takes more risks while still staying true to their identity. I cannot wait to see them perform tomorrow at the theater. Break a leg Phantom!

I’ll talk about next year after this year is over

Seeing how this has come together, I never thought it was that bad to begin with, wondering if the show was designed to the talent of the corps (100 plus alleged rookies). The staff knew what they could max out at the end of the year…so what looked water-down at the start of the year, would be good design at the end of the year.

Just glad they got rid of the tubes, can’t wait to hear that Regiment brass sound a few more times this week

good luck

• Like 1

Something I've noticed lately compared to years gone by.

Are there any shows where a corps first action is to put the horn to the lips and blow the audience away with a giant sound? No. How many shows start out softly - almost all of them?

It would be great if Phantom had something like that next year. Something like '83's Serenade for Strings. That blew the hair off some audience members.

Turandot in 2012 started pretty heavy hitting. 2008 kinda did too.

I'm moving to a new apartment in a few weeks having been where I am for over 17 years.

I'm going through things I've kept on hand for years, but which have been tucked away in files for a long time. Some I've come across I didn't even realize I kept a hold of.

Some of the papers I've come across were letters I sent to Phantom back in the 90's. One was to say how much I liked their '93 show with some ideas for uniforms and another was a letter I sent along with a CD of the Montreal Symphony Orchestra's recording of Ravel's "Daphnis et Chloe" telling them I thought it was something they should look into performing - indicating the sections I thought they might investigate further. Strangely enough, the CD had only one index so I had to indicate the times to pay attention to. I have no idea what they thought when they received them, but I wanted them to know my thoughts.

I've been a Phan for a long time. I first saw them in 1980 and have been hooked since to the point of writing letters.

Phantom Regiment has always been my first love in this activity. They've had ups and downs but through and through they are where my heart is at. My heart is with them to this day.

I wish them the best as they approach finals. I'm proud of the members. You represent Phantom well!

• Like 7

I'm moving to a new apartment in a few weeks having been where I am for over 17 years.

I'm going through things I've kept on hand for years, but which have been tucked away in files for a long time. Some I've come across I didn't even realize I kept a hold of.

Some of the papers I've come across were letters I sent to Phantom back in the 90's. One was to say how much I liked their '93 show with some ideas for uniforms and another was a letter I sent along with a CD of the Montreal Symphony Orchestra's recording of Ravel's "Daphnis et Chloe" telling them I thought it was something they should look into performing - indicating the sections I thought they might investigate further. Strangely enough, the CD had only one index so I had to indicate the times to pay attention to. I have no idea what they thought when they received them, but I wanted them to know my thoughts.

I've been a Phan for a long time. I first saw them in 1980 and have been hooked since to the point of writing letters.

Phantom Regiment has always been my first love in this activity. They've had ups and downs but through and through they are where my heart is at. My heart is with them to this day.

I wish them the best as they approach finals. I'm proud of the members. You represent Phantom well!

Well put. I hope the marching members know how much we appreciate the efforts they've put out this season. Show designs come and go, some are more successful than others, but the basic premise of what makes the Regiment unique is that it truly is a "phamily" and that will never change. This family includes the occasional crazy aunt/uncle or know it all kid, but one thing is for sure it is a passionate group. Dig deep my marching brothers and sisters and enjoy these last two performances. The field is yours.....

SUTA

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 2

Can't express how proud I am of this corps for pushing until the end and finishing 7th place. Way to prove the naysayers wrong (some of them predicted Phantom being out of finals, LOL). I can't wait to see what these guys decide to put on the field next year.

Can't express how proud I am of this corps for pushing until the end and finishing 7th place. Way to prove the naysayers wrong (some of them predicted Phantom being out of finals, LOL). I can't wait to see what these guys decide to put on the field next year.

Same here! I'm hoping for serious beast mode!