Phantom Regiment 2014

Not sure what happened with the staff but the corps was ready to rumble . Thank you Regiment!

SUTA!!!

Just want to add my heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS to all the members and staff of Phantom Regiment for your beautiful finals performance of Swan Lake! I loved this show all summer....and it became a true example of the power and elegance that is PR!! Looking forward to 2015!

Phantom has made so many positive changes to the show over the summer. I realize they may be unhappy with their placement and scores, but the corps should know their fans appreciate all the hard work they have put into developing and improving this years production. One of the parts of the corps that is not as strong in 2014 is the guard. The Phantomettes just don't have the same impact this year as they have had in recent years. Part of it is staging, and costuming, but the actual guard work itself is not as effective. I only bring this up because of how strong their guard has been in recent years. All corps experience challenging years and Phantom has handled all the difficulty they have experienced this summer with class and dignity. I hope next years program has a more solid concept and that the corps takes more risks while still staying true to their identity. I cannot wait to see them perform tomorrow at the theater. Break a leg Phantom!

Agreed. Not enough real guard work this year and it showed in the recaps. I'm confident they will make some changes and be strong again soon.

okay, I've #####ed about plenty of the bad stuff going on with their shows, so let me bring up some good points

1. drum line is massively improved. I REALLY enjoy Bret Kuhns writing, and I feel he is a great fit for the corps. I'm not sure how much he is on tour with them, but I don't really see him on the drum line lot videos. If the management is still not happy with the drum scores, I hope they don't go in a completely new direction and change the battery arranger (unless it's like Casella or something...). I feel that they can benefit more by a high quality ADDITION to the staff. Similar to what crown did with Glen Crosby. Ironically, I feel the opposite about the front ensemble. I like the way they play (minus the over the top performance body movement), but the arrangements are eh. They play very well though IMO.

2. Jamey Thompson is amazing. Not his strongest design this year, but we know what he's capable of. Even his down years are still quality designs.

3. Brass sounds great! I still remember how impressed I was when Carichner took over in 2012. After two years of a terrible brass sound (2010 and 2011) 2012 was a great change! The only downside is that they sound really flat excitement wise during the first half of the season it seems with the current teams approach. They set up sound fundementals, and then let it rip later in the season. I would like to see him stick around.

everyone else is expendable :peek: lol.

oh and also 4. They couldn't possibly do another similar (turanswanjulietjourney) show again next season, right? I will say this, if they do any sort of story with an all female guard, it IS going to feel exactly the same. I have a feeling we are going to see something much different however.

Glad the show is turning around. I just want to see it to the level that I fell in love with when I first saw this corps

Respectfully disagree on the guard. The Phantomettes can be dainty and beautiful or they can be aggressive and killer! They are capable of either. No males needed. Did you ever watch the guard from the early 80's? ;)

• Like 2

Respectfully disagree on the guard. The Phantomettes can be dainty and beautiful or they can be aggressive and killer! They are capable of either. No males needed. Did you ever watch the guard from the early 80's? ;)

THANK YOU. I really hope the Phantomettes are here to stay, regardless of the themes Phantom chooses.

• Like 1

Great progress to the end. I would love to see a modern classics show next year. Ala 93, 94, 03 style. SUTA from a proud alum.

• Like 1

Anyone see finals? Curious to the crowd response for PR, I always enjoy seeing the reaction during finals.

from there , i thought it was great...what a transformation from the beginning of the year to the end. Night and Day

I think most corps right from the crossmen got huge responses. From what I saw there was really only 1 with just mild polite response. BUT, people could figure out who that was, and no it wasnt Cadets...lol

Edited by GUARDLING