Phantom Regiment 2014

Still brings me back to 2009. All those designers (without Jamey Thompson of course) and a show that really didn't quite ever get off it's feet.

Adam Sage wasn't around in 2009 either. But your point is noted. Another similarity between that year and this: many new faces (big turnover after the 2008 show).

I kinda like the big picture forms that Regiment was showing, BUT there is something off I guess. Maybe no "wow" moves. No "wow" drill.

Thing is that just about every corps has gone away from big drill moments towards visual moments.

not saying this to be rude but has regiment ever had a wow drill moment? Serious question

That's just sad. For a corps with as much history as the Phantom Regiment, they should have their #### together by now... It's sad that the alumni can't even come together to celebrate something fantastic that they were all a part of - the Phantom Regiment itself. It seems that the corps needs a real crisis (score-wise, perhaps?) so that they will step it up. This year something seems off - and it seems (to an observer with no knowledge of the innards of the organization) that it might be staff-driven. I suspect this year is an indicator of something gone wrong, organizationally. It's symbolic of a larger issue - seeing as the staff has been together for a little while, they should have it figured out by now... shouldn't they? I've been a Phan since I first discovered drum corps a few years ago, and my top shows of all time are all Phantom shows. They have that uncanny ability to break my heart and mend it all in the same show, which is something that not a lot of corps do (let alone corps nowadays). They're part of the 'old guard' of emotional storytelling in the modern age, and I think that they can pull it together, but I'm not so sure. I've been considering auditioning in the next few years but this recent knowledge has led me to reconsider which corps I'll be auditioning for. I love Phantom, but this worries me. I don't want to see them descend into mediocrity. They've always been a stellar corps and they should be up there winning more than they do. Does something need to change? Just some thoughts.

If you are that convinced by a select few on an internet forum, then don't even consider Phantom. Go find another corps please.

• Like 2

It's not that I'm convinced by a select few on this forum - I've noticed that Phantom is recently very inconsistent. That doesn't help for recruiting purposes. If they aren't consistent, that means that the culture of the corps is tainted somehow. This forum just legitimized my thoughts a little more. Believe me, I'm not a sheep who just agrees with other people's thoughts based on a forum that is notable for being vicious and biased. They're still in my top two corps for auditioning.

1) You are under the assumption you will even make the corps.

2) If Phantom Regiment is "tainted" and "inconsistent", I would hate to see what you call the corps that "consistently" finish lower than them this year.

3) Alumni will always moan and whine and complain and "back in the day." Some corps just managed to recruit more ### holes.

• Like 1

I have to jump in here as all of you do not have the facts about the Regiment. I dont know where you get them but they are not true. You meanness has replaced your ability to make informed decisions about the corps.

per your last few posts. They have been in a good financial position for the last few years. The food drive is too offset the cost of gasoline. Every corps biggest expense on the road is gas and they are trying to offset the cost. Sounfs like good planning to me. If you dont like the Corps you have the right to your misinformed opinion, but you dont have to spew hate to get your opinion across. Move on and get a life.

• Like 6