Phantom Regiment 2014

I have to jump in here as all of you do not have the facts about the Regiment. I dont know where you get them but they are not true. You meanness has replaced your ability to make informed decisions about the corps.

per your last few posts. They have been in a good financial position for the last few years. The food drive is too offset the cost of gasoline. Every corps biggest expense on the road is gas and they are trying to offset the cost. Sounfs like good planning to me. If you dont like the Corps you have the right to your misinformed opinion, but you dont have to spew hate to get your opinion across. Move on and get a life.

Thank you!

I'd like to apologize. Now I realize how self-important my posts sounded. In hindsight, both of my posts were way more mean-spirited than they seemed to me at the time of posting. I didn't think my posts or my points through very much. Phantom is a fantastic drum corps and they will always be dear to me. And grammie12, you're absolutely right. I was very mean. The gas cost explanation makes way more sense, and the point about being misinformed is very true. I'm sincerely sorry for letting my frustration get the better of me. Let's move on from this.

• Like 4

Thank you, You revived my faith in the drum corps community as I could not belive what I was reading. I have been involved in drum corps for forty years and has it come to this. We are reflectng current societies intolerance and using facts that are not documented. I ;love drum the good and the bad. No drum corps is perfect just as we are not. I will get off my soap box and wish you all a great drum corps season.

ENJOY IT ALL

• Like 2

I have to jump in here as all of you do not have the facts about the Regiment. I dont know where you get them but they are not true. You meanness has replaced your ability to make informed decisions about the corps.

per your last few posts. They have been in a good financial position for the last few years. The food drive is too offset the cost of gasoline. Every corps biggest expense on the road is gas and they are trying to offset the cost. Sounfs like good planning to me. If you dont like the Corps you have the right to your misinformed opinion, but you dont have to spew hate to get your opinion across. Move on and get a life.

Thank you for this!!! I hate to be the one to name names but I think we all know the person causing a lot of the hate for phantom on these threads and that is chaos001. He claims to love phantom yet spews nothing but hate towards the staff and the organization itself. This saddens me and I wish nothing but the best towards the Phantom Regiment organization. Do they have problems right now in some of their design choices? Yeah, but name a corps that has not hit a rough patch. When Blue Devils have hit a skid or Vanguard or Cavies or fill in the blank they may have had some major vocal critics, but not alumni who would spew venom at a group they supposedly love. Yet sadly this happens to Phantom if one person plays out of tune or one person marches out of step.

I love you Phantom. Your history speaks for itself.

• Like 3

You know, I'm a bit of a Star Trek junkie. (Though I wouldn't consider myself a Trekker by any means.) When Enterprise came out, I still enjoyed it, even if it wasn't my favorite series. It was still Star Trek. (Though I hated the cheesy intro song.) That's kinda what this year's Regiment show is like for me. Not my favorite but I still enjoy it. And, of course, I'm still loyal to and love my corps-- even if I think the current uniforms look kinda cheesy.

I've still got faith of the heart.

• Like 3

You know, I'm a bit of a Star Trek junkie. (Though I wouldn't consider myself a Trekker by any means.) When Enterprise came out, I still enjoyed it, even if it wasn't my favorite series. It was still Star Trek. (Though I hated the cheesy intro song.) That's kinda what this year's Regiment show is like for me. Not my favorite but I still enjoy it. And, of course, I'm still loyal to and love my corps-- even if I think the current uniforms look kinda cheesy.

Fantastic analogy - well said!

• Like 2

Perfect analogy, thank you!

• Like 2

Perfect analogy, thank you!

A little bit off topic, but how do you get the corps banners in your signature? I suppose I could copy and paste some into mine, but everyone's seem to be slightly different. I don't want to just copy someone else's. They're really cool!