RIP Bill Toomey

Very sad to hear this news. Bill was a good friend and was very welcoming when I first started with the Westshoremen in 1997. He put me up in his home on corps weekends and always had great stories to tell whenever we ran into each other at shows. Bill was just one of those great drum corps guys that makes this activity so unique and special. I will miss him.

My condolences to Shawn, Patrick and the entire Toomey family.

This came as a real shock.

Makes me glad I got the opportunity to catch up with Bill, if even for just 10 minutes, at DCAs this past year. Sometimes you just never know.

I got to know Bill well during the summer of 2000. He was a true gentleman and a positive influence on the Skyliners that season. RIP.

Bill's viewing will be friday from 5-8 PM at Dailey Funeral home, 650 S 28th stret in Harrisburg PA. Funeral mass will be Saturday at 10 AM at Holy Family Church, 555 S 25th Street in Harrisburg.

RIP Auld Brother + + +

Bill's viewing will be friday from 5-8 PM at Dailey Funeral home, 650 S 28th stret in Harrisburg PA. Funeral mass will be Saturday at 10 AM at Holy Family Church, 555 S 25th Street in Harrisburg.

Thanks Jeff, wow just a few blocks from my old church and my grandmothers old place... never would have guessed but Bill and Barney were always full of surprises..... Know where and will be there....

Thanks Jeff, wow just a few blocks from my old church and my grandmothers old place... never would have guessed but Bill and Barney were always full of surprises..... Know where and will be there....

I wasn't surprised as that's where everything for Barney and Grace was held. I expect both days will be packed.

I wasn't surprised as that's where everything for Barney and Grace was held. I expect both days will be packed.

Expect it too. Thinking about it, about half of the most packed viewings I've been too involved corps people. Including people who heard at the last minute and drove x number of miles just to be there. "Sorry how I'm dressed, only way I could be here on time".

Bills obituary from the local paper... there is a place to leave a message if you like.

http://obits.pennlive.com/obituaries/pennlive/obituary.aspx?n=william-bernard-toomey&pid=168347002&fhid=14929