Crown Performs for Disney Christmas Parade

So... Will they march in purple pants?

The parade was pre-recorded on Dec 7th, and yes, they wore the 2013 unis.

• Like 1

Unfortunate. While those uniforms make a lot of sense in DCI context, I'm not sure they'll translate to mass audiences so easily. (Though to be fair, I never would have guessed #purplepantsband would have taken off like it did, so it may be just me... :tounge2: )

Mike

• Like 1

Carolina Crown performing on live TV on Christmas morning is just about the best gift I could have asked for.

• Like 1

Unfortunate. While those uniforms make a lot of sense in DCI context, I'm not sure they'll translate to mass audiences so easily. (Though to be fair, I never would have guessed #purplepantsband would have taken off like it did, so it may be just me... :tounge2: )

Mike

Actually IMO I think the 2013 uniform will translate even more to a general public...Stunning color, different, more tailored look and theatrical

I have been watching the 2-hour Christmas Day Disney infomercial for several years. They have long pop star segments recorded at both Disneyland and Disney World -- think Disney Channel wholesomeness -- but just brief glimpses of marching ensembles. I would only expect a few quick seconds of Crown.

The 2-hour show is awkward for its many Main Street crowd scenes - where everyone is unrealistically clapping non-stop. But it's a great visual tour of classic Disney attractions, the Disney Cruise line, the Disney Vacation Club, Typhoon Lagoon, Fort Wilderness, countless hotels, Lilo & Stitch, and on and on.

If you are able, I highly recommend visiting Disney World during the first week of December in any year. The crowds are light, and the whole place is beautifully decorated for Christmas. You will avoid the busy Thanksgiving crowds, and the winter break crowds.

P.S. Just bought "July 5 Michigan City" and "July 6 Lisle" DCI shows on the Cavaliers website. Ho ho ho!

And on a cinematic note, I am convinced that Crown is responsible for "Saving Mr Banks".