Question on DVD settings

Recently bought the Cadets championship DVD and the 2013 championships DVD. I haven't watched the 2013 DVD yet but found the picture very pixelated on the Cadets DVD. I am using a regular DVD player and a newer 60 inch Samsung TV set to a 16:9 aspect ratio. What are the proper settings to view this properly? I found that both the old and new Cadets shows were quite pixelated so I don't believe it is an old vs. new issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

I don't have these products, but it may be that only the Blu-Rays offer 1080p video. Exactly what resolution you can expect from the DVD is a question I don't have the answer to; could it be standard NTSC (525?)

Recently bought the Cadets championship DVD and the 2013 championships DVD. I haven't watched the 2013 DVD yet but found the picture very pixelated on the Cadets DVD. I am using a regular DVD player and a newer 60 inch Samsung TV set to a 16:9 aspect ratio. What are the proper settings to view this properly? I found that both the old and new Cadets shows were quite pixelated so I don't believe it is an old vs. new issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Note to self in head voice. I wish people would ditch DVD, so newer televisions don't have to work so hard. Turning off head voice.

If you consistently have issues with a certain corps video, it could be that the corps is using the same authoring house, or authoring software that is improperly encoding the software. Your DVD player may be having issues with flags, video cadences on disc, or encoding errors on the disc. It could also be issues with old technology( like DVD with analog outputs) interfacing with new technology (that is optimized for HDMI connections).

Pixelation can be caused by a number of things, and without more detail, it will be hard to accurately track down the problem.