Bluecoats 2014

Bloo is up against Cadets and Crown 3 times this week: Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

Anyone know if any of these shows will be a full panel of judges?

Great that Bloo broke 80 tonight. Compared to 2010 Metropolis, they're running ahead scoring-wise. Once Bloo gets the advantage of a full panel and continues to tweak and clean, watch out. This is THE show of the year!

Saturday will be a full panel

4 years ago to the date:

Carolina Crown 80.50

Blue Devils 80.05

Bluecoats 79.90

Cadets 79.30
Edited by superOOk

Coats are ahead of where they were June 29th of 2010

I kinda agree, but all the top several corps got quite a bump in scores over the last few days. Kinda cool when groups of corps get into the next higher box on the judges sheets.

Lol Gino could hammer a brass line like that every single day all the way to finals. It's not an indicator of whether they'll peak too soon or not.

Ask yourself this question:

Design-wise how is this program going to evolve in a month? What would you "add"? How do you take it "to the next level"?

Cadets are as clean as I've ever seen them in June. REALLY clean. Here's another question: what effect in the Cadets show is so dirty that it will seem like an addition to the show when it's clean? What part of the show is clearly a sketch that needs to be "filled in" as the season progresses?

I suspect those sorts of questions are why people are throwing out the "peak too soon" flag.

They still have guard uniforms changes to add. They still have a tag to put on the field, There's no doubt that it will be a classic Cadets ending.

No doubt the show is an early season MONSTER of a show. It will be interesting to follow it's evolution through the season.

As for the Coats it's easy to answer a lot of those questions isn't it ? If their design team comes up with the right answers during the season, I could see Coats passing team maroon.

And when Crown came out strong last year, it was different because......

Maybe you are correct. I'm not being sarcastic, I just don't have the foresight that some do on DCP with peaking early predictions but you seem confident so perhaps... We will know more after a few regionals but I'm enjoying the Cadets regardless of where they place in August.

Edited by theCHEZman

And when Crown came out strong last year, it was different because......

Maybe you are correct. I'm not being sarcastic, I just don't have the foresight that some do on DCP with peaking early predictions but you seem confident so perhaps... We will know more after a few regionals but I'm enjoying the Cadets regardless of where they place in August.

Boy you're hung up on Crown. Ok I'll play. I think -- in general -- Crown comes out of ST with a lot of stuff (intentionally) unfinished or at least not fully fleshed out. Last season they certainly came out executing as well as they ever have but the show itself had stuff to fill in.

The Cadets historically come out with too much show and have to trim (or hack and slash) just to get under time. And they rewrite A LOT. Not sure all that stuff is "planned" but it seems to happen anyway. This season has been very different. They've come out on fire and CLEAN. Yes that means they have the opportunity to get pristine by finals. But the show just seems (to me at least) very complete already. Not sure where you'd take it. And it doesn't mean they can't ride it all the way. So settle down and plug yourself back in to the collective :-) I'm a big fan of the show as well. It's REALLY REALLY good -- I want to be mad at them for playing music they've already done a lot but I can't help but get a little tingle down the spine right at the opening notes.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

Boy you're hung up on Crown. Ok I'll play. I think -- in general -- Crown comes out of ST with a lot of stuff (intentionally) unfinished or at least not fully fleshed out. Last season they certainly came out executing as well as they ever have but the show itself had stuff to fill in.

The Cadets historically come out with too much show and have to trim (or hack and slash) just to get under time. And they rewrite A LOT. Not sure all that stuff is "planned" but it seems to happen anyway. This season has been very different. They've come out on fire and CLEAN. Yes that means they have the opportunity to get pristine by finals. But the show just seems (to me at least) very complete already. Not sure where you'd take it. And it doesn't mean they can't ride it all the way. So settle down and plug yourself back in to the collective :-) I'm a big fan of the show as well. It's REALLY REALLY good -- I want to be mad at them for playing music they've already done a lot but I can't help but get a little tingle down the spine right at the opening notes.

Agreed. Cadets' show already feels complete which is not exactly a good thing. They will probably be the cleanest corps this year but designwise, I have a hard time imagining how they're going to continue to enhance GE as the season goes on.

It's kinda DCP-Fun to see a Cadets vs Crown debate crop up.... on the Bluecoats thread. ;P

Saturday will be a full panel

Thank you. Saturday is shaping up to be a monster show. Looks like a 4-horse race at this point with Cadets, Crown, Bloo, and BD. I'm tilting in favor of Bloo. Their show provides the most flexibility to adapt to what's needed to win. They are not saddled by show theme to get in the way. Percussion could be a Sanford this year. Brass is typical Bluecoat quality. Design team has really stepped up their game. The guard is vastly improved. And, as always, providing a solid foundation in music is the dynamic duo of Thrower and Rarick - among the very best the activity has ever seen.

And, how about a winning show that's a total crowd pleaser!

Bloo14!