Bluecoats 2014

I believe tonight was the first "head to head" battle of the Hymn of Acxiom if I'm not mistaken. Such a great ballad for Coats and Oregon Crusaders. Thrower and Rarick did an AWESOME job of arranging this for Blooo. I hope Vienna Teng gets the opportunity to hear it live. I think she will like it!

Edited by oldbandguy

Well I can confirm that volume levels are back up! Just watched a video from Denton on Youtube. Synth was just like in Akron! Staff making the necessary changes, and visually WAAAY better than just a few days ago.

Well I can confirm that volume levels are back up! Just watched a video from Denton on Youtube. Synth was just like in Akron! Staff making the necessary changes, and visually WAAAY better than just a few days ago.

Mind PMing me a link to that video?

• Like 1

I wonder what the deal was. Were they experimenting? Responding to a judge's critique?

It's been pretty clear that this effect has netted a LOT of response, and to lessen its impact would be a bad move, in my (unimportant) opinion...

So excited! Will be in Houston tonight.

I wonder what the deal was. Were they experimenting? Responding to a judge's critique?

It's been pretty clear that this effect has netted a LOT of response, and to lessen its impact would be a bad move, in my (unimportant) opinion...

Wasn't it the consensus that the "lowered volume" was just poor mic placement on Fan Networks part, and the volume never changed? Might have missed something though.

Wasn't it the consensus that the "lowered volume" was just poor mic placement on Fan Networks part, and the volume never changed? Might have missed something though.

Nope. People, including myself have heard it live with the lowered synth volume.

Great new viz:

- Top bass drum upside down during break

- "Rolling Hills" that are TILTED by horn members interlocking during break

- Rotation of the initial trapezoid looks killer now

One change I didn't like

- Trumpet curved line during their last run, looked like a hot mess with new configuration. Go back to the old drill there!