Bluecoats 2014

Congrats Bloo. Keep pushing!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGLyc4t7tK4

I love the trumpet taking it up another octave on that last note. Haha. Sounds very BD. He nails it.

Other than Hymn of Axciom, this show sounds very BD-like to me. I could imagine a BD hornline playing all of this. Or atleast very modern BD-like

Other than Hymn of Axciom, this show sounds very BD-like to me. I could imagine a BD hornline playing all of this. Or atleast very modern BD-like

uh, no. Very Bloo.

Good season though!

Flying in from Palo Alto

August 4th Massillon, Ohio....better get your tickets NOW!

This crowd is going to go NUTS!

Listed in reverse order of performance.

Bluecoats - Canton, OH

Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

The Cadets - Allentown, PA

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

Crossmen - San Antonio, TX

Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA

• Like 2

It reminds me of BD 2008.

Its almost like playing one of those "labyrinth" games you see in the Skymall magazine, with the knobs you use to try to keep the ball from falling into the holes. You turn the knobs, but you just can never predict where the ball is going to go next.

Yeah, it's fun like one of those hand held 99 cent store games where you have to get all the silver balls to land exactly in the little holes, and the slightest movement will send them all asunder. They play these games in asylums.

That's very interesting. How does your theory apply to other years? Have all championship shows had theme, pattern, story, and humanity?

Don't be dense. You can't be a drunk senior corps with ten members doing Hansle and Gretle and win. There are other factors that determine score of course.

But GE and crowd reaction are dependent on theme, pattern, story and universality, of which Bluecoats have just "theme".

Edited by Brutus