Bluecoats 2014

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but if you go to google.com and type the word "tilt" into the search bar, google obeys.

• Like 2

Moments besides the pitch bend that I love just about as much, since that has been a huge focus. There's plenty more that I enjoy the hell out of in this show:

Don't mind if I add:

6) During the tubas front and center feature in the opener, and the rest of the brass heads back field, forms three blocks, and then comes forward again. There is a single attacked note when the middle block starts its forward march that is so simple, yet effective.

7) The coordination with the music when the guard tilts the snare line back and forward.

8) The ballad. 'Nuf said.

9) The transition between the ballad and the closer, with the snare line easing into it.

10) The 4 mellophone notes at the end of the intro of the closer.

11) The dramatic pause right before the front ensemble tension building part in the last section of the closer.

12) The goofy look on the guard members' faces during the pitch bend sequence. They have this "Did you hear what they just did? Did you HEAR what they just DID? Wasn't that effin' AWESOME!" look on their faces.

13) The fact that the video crew still can't quite keep up with all the jumping and rifle tossing and percussion moving on the ending tag.

• Like 2

Don't mind if I add:

12) The goofy look on the guard members' faces during the pitch bend sequence. They have this "Did you hear what they just did? Did you HEAR what they just DID? Wasn't that effin' AWESOME!" look on their faces.

I love picking through the video and looking at individual members' faces for that. Some of the horn players do a bit of it too, or maybe it's just keep eyes back on the Drum Major that's distorting their face. I've lost track of which show and which horn player it was but I swear there was one who was making this, "Yeah, we're just trolling you now," face. It cracked me up.

10) The 4 mellophone notes at the end of the intro of the closer.

That hurt my head.

Word is the new changes are in tonight. Get ready for a whole new level. Should be debuting in Nashville.

http://instagram.com/p/q20Axmmx8C/

Edited by superOOk

Ohh wonder what they added (more pitch bend, more pitch bend, please, please, please)

No need to take a leap. You know what happens when people assume. Just wait and see.

• Like 1

No need to take a leap. You know what happens when people assume. Just wait and see.

lol