Bluecoats 2014

How hard is it to make the top 2 in drum corps?

In 43 seasons of the DCI championships, there have been only 12 corps that have placed in either 1st or 2nd position:

Anaheim Kingsman, Blue Stars, SCV, Madison, Blue Devils, The Cadets, Star of Indiana, Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment, Crown, Troopers, and 27th Lancers.

Even more impressive is since the year 2000, only 5 corps achieved 1st or 2nd: The Cadets, Cavaliers, Blue Devils, Phantom Regiment, and Crown.

The Bluecoats become only the 6th drum corps to achieve this distinction in the last 14 years.

Incredible achievement Bluecoats! Congratulations!

(edited for correction of the 1972 Kingsmen and Blue Stars)

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2

How hard is it to make the top 2 in drum corps?

In 43 seasons of the DCI championships, there have been only 12 corps that have placed in either 1st or 2nd position:

Anaheim Kingsman, Blue Stars, SCV, Madison, Blue Devils, The Cadets, Star of Indiana, Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment, Crown, Troopers, and 27th Lancers.

Even more impressive is since the year 2000, only 5 corps achieved 1st or 2nd: The Cadets, Cavaliers, Blue Devils, Phantom Regiment, and Crown.

The Bluecoats become only the 6th drum corps to achieve this distinction in the last 14 years.

Incredible achievement Bluecoats! Congratulations!

Thank you for these statistics. Agreed...incredible achievement.

Since DCImonkey is being cryptic, he is referring to Andy Akiho.

Haha, sorry I wasn't intending to be cryptic....I just thought it was a neat coincidence. With the number of Cadets on Coats staff this year, I wonder how many marched with Andy?

Haha, sorry I wasn't intending to be cryptic....I just thought it was a neat coincidence. With the number of Cadets on Coats staff this year, I wonder how many marched with Andy?

Pretty much most of them. I marched with Andy too.

How in the HELL did Bluecoats beat Cadets?!?!?!?!

I'm just kidding. I've watched this show over and over and they are incredible. I can't wait for the APD or the Blu-ray to come out. I will be blasting that show for the rest of the year. I watched the finals performance on the Fan Network and that crowd reaction at the end of the show was so loud I had to take off my earphones.

CONGRATS BLUECOATS!

• Like 4