Bluecoats 2014

Pretty much most of them. I marched with Andy too.

How in the HELL did Bluecoats beat Cadets?!?!?!?!

I'm just kidding. I've watched this show over and over and they are incredible. I can't wait for the APD or the Blu-ray to come out. I will be blasting that show for the rest of the year. I watched the finals performance on the Fan Network and that crowd reaction at the end of the show was so loud I had to take off my earphones.

CONGRATS BLUECOATS!

I just can't get enough of this show and it will go down for me at one of my all time favorites. The whole show, start to end is amazing and that closer, well does it get any better? That nasty hit right at the end of the pitch blend before the final chord is freaking awesome. Congratulations indeed on a show you didn't have to try making sense of, it just plain worked!

• Like 2

I just can't get enough of this show and it will go down for me at one of my all time favorites. The whole show, start to end is amazing and that closer, well does it get any better? That nasty hit right at the end of the pitch blend before the final chord is freaking awesome. Congratulations indeed on a show you didn't have to try making sense of, it just plain worked!

I totally agree, I can't get enough of this show! Two of my top 10 favorite shows of all time are Bluecoats (2014, 2006)...

• Like 1

I totally agree, I can't get enough of this show! Two of my top 10 favorite shows of all time are Bluecoats (2014, 2006)...

Loved Connexus. 2010 was great and don't forget Criminal. They really have had some excellent shows of late.

• Like 1

OK, so after many viewings of the finals run, I've got to say my favorite little things are:

1) The drum major's bad-assery while saluting, only to crack a smile when he turns around to face the corps

2) The camera tilt during the pre-show trumpet solo

3) The snare drums briefly lift up on their toes, right before the first "piccolo" part

4) Trumpet gives a little shake of the head after his screaming solo near the end of the opener

5) Tongue out on the pitch bend

6) The "flying leap" horn player briefly secures his helmet near the start of his sprint

7) The look of relief on the nearest guard member's face after their last successful catch

I just went back and viewed the Bluecoats finals performance again. That show is cool as all getout, and the brass and percussion chops are awesome! And, the kid diving off the ramp at the end deserves flight pay for sure! However, I then realized that this 'cleaned up' fireball of a performance had way too much visual dirt still (check the spacing flaws at multiple points in the show....many that are obvious to a casual glance) to climb to a silver medal. The last comment is, of course, IMHO, but the visual crud was more reminiscent of a mid-level BOA show than what I would expect from Marching Music's Major League......not even in the same sanitary galaxy as Cadets or, especially, Blue Devils. Maybe, this does not matter to some fans, but as the immortal Patrick Swayze opined in Road House, "Opinions Vary."

Sorry, but you just lost all credibility with that comment. The Bluecoats visual proficiency score was 97.5! Their visual analysis score was 98.5! Even Patrick Swayze would have been impressed.

That visual proficiency score definitely is too high, IMHO.....the video does not lie. Yep, the BOA comment was an exaggeration, but not the rest.

Tekk, I agree with you about the crowd at the end of their show. That was the first time ever I heard more screaming cheers than BLOOOS after one of their performances. They all eventually turned into bloos but there is nothing like spontaneous "OMGWTF!!!" lol

For me this is still my 2nd favorite Bluecoats show behind 2010. I don't know why 2010 doesn't get the respect it deserves. That was a championship quality show....maybe not performance but definitely quality.

....oh yeah 2010 Coats 160bpm > 2011 Cadets 160bpm

• Like 3

Tekk, I agree with you about the crowd at the end of their show. That was the first time ever I heard more screaming cheers than BLOOOS after one of their performances. They all eventually turned into bloos but there is nothing like spontaneous "OMGWTF!!!" lol

For me this is still my 2nd favorite Bluecoats show behind 2010. I don't know why 2010 doesn't get the respect it deserves. That was a championship quality show....maybe not performance but definitely quality.

....oh yeah 2010 Coats 160bpm > 2011 Cadets 160bpm

Yup. The 160bpm section of that show is amazing. As a full package I like this years more, but that section of 2010s show is absolute balls.