Bluecoats 2014

Just went live a couple of minutes ago, show is called TILT. Couldn't grab the image, I'm sure someone will post it

Just went live a couple of minutes ago, show is called TILT. Couldn't grab the image, I'm sure someone will post it

Dut

10250297_10154129505865710_7166081114573

Interesting Title--I hope they will be able to convey this idea on the field, and it will be clear what they are shooting for concept-wise. I also heard they will be making changes to their marching style--not sure if this relates specifically to the show or a change from toe first which they have been doing lately. I hope they have a video of this announcement to help explain. Very excited as always when it comes to the Bluecoats!

I think the show title is cool.

Go to Google and type tilt into the search box. At first I thought something went wrong with my PC....

Edited by Lincoln
  • Like 1

From DCI's Facebook:

"The Bluecoats have a great show planned for 2014. In addition to "Uffe's Woodshop" and "Platinum Rows" by Tyondai Braxton, and "The Hymn of Acxiom" by Vienna Teng, the 2014 Bluecoats will be playing "to wALK Or ruN in wEst harlem" by Andy Akiho. Check out Andy's website (and music) by clicking on the link below."

http://www.andyakiho.com/#

For those who haven't been fans of what they have released for rep so far, I'm afraid this won't offer much solace. I however, am interested to see what they do with this. It seems like a blank slate, creatively.

Interesting. I didn't realize he was a composer now. I met him during Cadets auditions in '98 and a friend of mine marched Carolina Crown and Cadets with him.

Sounds like an interesting show title, but I mostly cared about what specific songs they were performing.

Bluecoats will perform this idea very well I'm sure, and I'll probably like it. I wonder what kind of uniforms they'll be sporting?