Bluecoats 2014

Tekk, I agree with you about the crowd at the end of their show. That was the first time ever I heard more screaming cheers than BLOOOS after one of their performances. They all eventually turned into bloos but there is nothing like spontaneous "OMGWTF!!!" lol

For me this is still my 2nd favorite Bluecoats show behind 2010. I don't know why 2010 doesn't get the respect it deserves. That was a championship quality show....maybe not performance but definitely quality.

....oh yeah 2010 Coats 160bpm > 2011 Cadets 160bpm

THAT'S where I heard it! I spent forever trying to figure out where I heard that piece before lol...I'm so late. :doh:

Yup. The 160bpm section of that show is amazing. As a full package I like this years more, but that section of 2010s show is absolute balls.

160bpm was baller. I think it was a much better opener than this year.

...but 2010 goes into AHA! which really only sounds kinda like the original.....but it's so Bluecoated up that I love it. That tuba feature......wow!

Then the ballad. Ok it's hard to argue against Axciom, because that's one of the finest slow movements to come along in a while....but 2010 was sexy as well. I don't think it gets the credit it deserves.

Then 2010 goes off the rails with John Mackey's Asphalt Cocktail. I'll give the nod to 2014 here. AC is just not a great piece....but the ending rocks hard.

Give me the first half of 2010 and the 2nd half of 2014 and you have the greatest show in the history of ever

• Like 1

Sorry, but you just lost all credibility with that comment. The Bluecoats visual proficiency score was 97.5! Their visual analysis score was 98.5! Even Patrick Swayze would have been impressed.

brichtimp had been a pretty big Cadets homer all year, and taken many opportunities to "#### with faint praise" when it comes to BC, so I'd take it with a grain of salt honestly.

• Like 4

I've been pretty anti Cadets this year but...

160 bpm Cadets 2011 >>>> 160 bpm Bluecoats 2010

brichtimp had been a pretty big Cadets homer all year, and taken many opportunities to "#### with faint praise" when it comes to BC, so I'd take it with a grain of salt honestly.

I had flesh and blood in the Cadets, and have frequently stated my bias....however, when I viewed the Bluecoats finals performance, I was actually surprised by the sheer number of obvious spacing problems, including when that excellent bass horn section walks across the front of the field early on in the show....yikes! So, before anyone anoints this Bluecoats show as the best of......(you name it), take off the tinted shades and evaluate with a modicum of objectivity. I've previously stated that their show is cool....not the same as clean.

I had flesh and blood in the Cadets, and have frequently stated my bias....however, when I viewed the Bluecoats finals performance, I was actually surprised by the sheer number of obvious spacing problems, including when that excellent bass horn section walks across the front of the field early on in the show....yikes! So, before anyone anoints this Bluecoats show as the best of......(you name it), take off the tinted shades and evaluate with a modicum of objectivity. I've previously stated that their show is cool....not the same as clean.

Yes, there was visual dirt in their show. Interestingly enough, they didn't win visual proficiency. There was also visual dirt in the shows behind them that was as significant if not more so. Incidentally, there are other captions involved in the total score where Bluecoats excelled putting them over Cadets in finals. That's how the sheets work. You don't have to be the best in every caption to be better overall.

• Like 1

Yes, there was visual dirt in their show. Interestingly enough, they didn't win visual proficiency. There was also visual dirt in the shows behind them that was as significant if not more so. Incidentally, there are other captions involved in the total score where Bluecoats excelled putting them over Cadets in finals. That's how the sheets work. You don't have to be the best in every caption to be better overall.

That's obvious.....however, one could view their prelims performance and their finals performance back to back and wonder how a 95.8 became a 97.1.....I thought their Thursday, Friday and Saturday shows were equally fine....seeing all three live.

Edited by brichtimp

And many of us have stated Cadets show was....clean....

Cadets were only relatively clean....not nearly flawless like BD.

That's obvious.....however, one could view their prelims performance and their finals performance back to back and wonder how a 95.8 became a 97.1.....I thought their Thursday, Friday and Saturday shows were equally fine.

One could also wonder how BD's 98.95 became a 99.65... but it is how it is.