Bluecoats 2014

The show, by design, does not have a story. This is straight from the mouth of the show designer, via the Field Pass podcast. A great show does not need a story to be great.

I agree--i actually LOVE the fact that there is no story and I tend to fall for a good story! However this seems so fresh and the non-story is the story--the theme is so developed yet not there...I love it

• Like 1

I think they need to stop putting the flags under the orange tarp along the front...it is distracting to see them lifting up the edge to find the flag underneath.

I think you just need to better your focus.

Anyone know if the guard girl in the ft Wayne video is ok? She sort of missed her stage dive (she was the last jumper) and looked like she landed on her face or shoulder. You could see the brass members adjust to try to catch her but she landed short.

Edited by CDUB

Anyone know if the guard girl in the ft Wayne video is ok? She sort of missed her stage dive (she was the last jumper) and looked like she landed on her face or shoulder. You could see the brass members adjust to try to catch her but she landed short.

Yes, he is fine.

Yes, he is fine.

Good to know. I was watching on my iPhone, so I didn't notice that the member was male.

The new ending (which I imagine is merely another "stepping-stone" ending that will change again) I like except for the pause for the horns down. I know the idea there is to add space for the applause and then hit the tag, but I think it flowed better to go straight into the frenzy. However, the new rangy mello changes on the last chord are great! I might even extend that last chord another measure or two just to milk the reaction.

Has it changed from a few weeks ago? The most recent version I've seen is the 15 seconds of guitar after the pitch bend. We're seeing it in Warrensburg on Monday, so I want to be prepared!

Has it changed from a few weeks ago? The most recent version I've seen is the 15 seconds of guitar after the pitch bend. We're seeing it in Warrensburg on Monday, so I want to be prepared!

The chord leading up to the guitar riff has been altered to make a callback to the opening statement of the closer. And now, at the end of the chord there is a horns down and a few seconds pause for applause before then kicking into the guitar tag.

Edited by geluf

The new ending with the horns down/pause reminds me a bit of Cadets from last year when the DM turned around after the last ffff chord. I liked it better when Bloo went right into the perc/guitar ending. If they want they can chant "Bloo" on the downbeat of the coda.

Yeah, I feel the rhythm is broken this new way. It doesn't flow as well. But, this is the time to experiment, so I'm sure we'll see another change or two.

• Like 2