Bluecoats 2014

(Retracted)

Edited by HornTeacher

Anyone been following Bloo on Facebook? It looks like they've literally been visual blocking it the whole time. They even had extended ensemble tonight. Can't wait to see how they place in San Antonio

• Like 1

I heard that there is a new medical definition for somnambulism...sleep blocking.

• Like 1

That's what it needs, a ball!

Maybe BK still has theirs in storage.

The show has actually been about pinball the whole time, and the ramps are actually flippers

• Like 1

I'm absolutely ecstatic to see them tomorrow, given the rain holds off, I'm really really really praying and crossing my fingers that it does, my only chance to see them this year. Can't go to SA any more because of work.

Edited by DrumManTx

Turns out its not the mics--the pitch bending feature at the end actually was changed, so that the pitch bend is much softer than the hornline. Multiple people who have seen the show live have confirmed its an actual change from the original, not just how it comes across on the feed.

Whats the insight into this? The effect is totally lost.

• Like 1

Turns out its not the mics--the pitch bending feature at the end actually was changed, so that the pitch bend is much softer than the hornline. Multiple people who have seen the show live have confirmed its an actual change from the original, not just how it comes across on the feed.

I saw them in LaCrosse last Saturday and the effect is definitely softer than the horns, but as far as it being totally lost, nope. It's still very effective live, in fact there wasn't a person sitting down after that sequence. It is awesome live! I do however think the effect could be louder.
  • Like 1

That's lame. . .part of the beauty of it was the relatively seamless move from hornline to synth and back. Let me guess: some judge decided that the Bluecoats needed "dynamic contrast".

Hopefully it comes back full blast by Finals.