Bluecoats 2014

Turns out its not the mics--the pitch bending feature at the end actually was changed, so that the pitch bend is much softer than the hornline. Multiple people who have seen the show live have confirmed its an actual change from the original, not just how it comes across on the feed.

Whats the insight into this? The effect is totally lost.

It is? I didn't notice... but that's probably because I was sitting right in front of the speakers the whole show....

Turn up the doggone synth please!!!!

The effect was absolutely amazing. This isn't anything to change!!!

MORE SYNTH VOLUME PLEASE!!!!

There's a first for everything, lol.

• Like 4

Has anyone noticed that, beginning at La Crosse (at least that's when I first noticed it), the drum line no longer stands along the back left part of the field? Anyone know why this change was made? I can't imagine the old formation could have been hurting scores?

I can't say for sure why the change was made - just a guess... In a way it's good to put the drum line off the field because they are not involved in the ballad - which places greater focus on the brass and guard. Typically for ballads, corps can't quite figure out what to do with the drum line anyway. Why not just move them off the field during this time of the show? Seems like it makes sense to me.

Has anyone noticed that, beginning at La Crosse (at least that's when I first noticed it), the drum line no longer stands along the back left part of the field? Anyone know why this change was made? I can't imagine the old formation could have been hurting scores?

They're clearly prepping the drumline for a dance routine :tounge2:

its okay we still have Akron

• Like 2

I know it's crazy but i actually agree

watching the rehearsal for and the akron show- the synth was just as loud as the hornline, give or take- it was really close

so you didn't lose any volume when they turned sideways and the pitch dropped-- now it's noticeably quieter. I just think, the goosebump-inducing effect has gone down a notch with the synth being turned down, lets jack it back up to 11.

Turns out its not the mics--the pitch bending feature at the end actually was changed, so that the pitch bend is much softer than the hornline. Multiple people who have seen the show live have confirmed its an actual change from the original, not just how it comes across on the feed.

Whats the insight into this? The effect is totally lost.

i feel the same.

or maybe meet somewhere in the middle--