Bluecoats 2014

There's a good chance of that happening; the Massillon show generally does very well. It was near to being sold out in 2013 with four of the eight corps having been Finalists the year before (and they all repeated). This year six of the seven corps at Massillon are 2013 Finalists, including the reigning champion, and the non-Finalist is one of your favorites, the Crossmen.

The massillon show is always pretty amazing and this year will be even better! Can't wait!

• Like 1

Glad I meet your approval. I'll certainly sleep better tonight.

Glad I could help you out :)

hahaha tesmusic, you get cut from Bluecoats, homie? Where did you march?

No, I auditioned for one corps, and one corps only for the 1997 season, and made it, marched there all three years I was eligible. Never cut from the corps from Canton.

No hate for the Bluecoats, just calling it like I see it with them.

Where did you march, homie?

• Like 1

Have they announced anything else about this show, or are people really deciding their placement off of the announcement of one song?

Will be interested to see what they do with a new vis staff. Wonder if they'll go back to the normal marching style, or keep the toe-down they've done for the last couple of years.

Have they announced anything else about this show, or are people really deciding their placement off of the announcement of one song?

The one song tells me they continue to play music a bit outside some boundaries - which they've done in the past. I love that about them.

Predictions are based on new visual staff. They deserved their placement last year and if visual improves, they've improved the one area that wasn't quite up to some of the others.

Momentum is in their court.

No, I auditioned for one corps, and one corps only for the 1997 season, and made it, marched there all three years I was eligible. Never cut from the corps from Canton.

No hate for the Bluecoats, just calling it like I see it with them.

Where did you march, homie?

Somewhere in the top five :) Always had love for the Bluecoats, though I tend to be more of a classically oriented guy. I like seeing corps grow, a la Crown and Bluecoats, rather than just magically be good year after year. I was lucky to be where I was when I marched. Had a good run.

• Like 1

Alright I'm gonna jump in here and say a few things.

I auditioned for Bluecoats this year as I said I would awhile back, and got cut. Oh well, I knew well before going in that DCI wasn't in my cards this year. Still glad I got the experience though. My weekend in Canton confirmed that Bluecoats is where I think I fit in. With that being said, I'm even more excited this year than I was last year to see what Bluecoats bring to the field. Mike Fanning and the rest of the visual staff this year seem like they're going to amazing things to boost Vis scores, based off his work with Cadets and he said he taught at OC so if someone wants to double check this feel free, but I assume he was with them when they won Open Class in '12. He also has this intensity to his teaching method that last years caption head just didn't have (met him at Blue Way in June). The brass staff are also some of the best in DCI. Derek Gipson is an amazing person to work with and I'm not sure if scores show this but I feel he has gotten the Bluecoats to get one of the best hornlines in DCI. I just wanted to say that I feel the Bluecoats are going to continue to be a Top 6 corps and will hopefully start to rise the ranks to another medalist year, and that I'm not just saying this, but I've had limited experience with the Bluecoats to back my claims. Also I agree Massillon is going to be incredible. I finally get to see SCV and Crossmen. And Madison Scouts at Innovations in Brass this year too! .........Can it be June now please?

• Like 2

Anybody else see this topic on the front page again and came in here thinking you would find out something interesting or new about the program or staff for Bluecoats for this coming summer? Oh well.

• 4 weeks later...

From Facebook:

In addition to Vienna Teng's "The Hymn of Acxiom," we are excited to announce that we will be playing Tyondai Braxton's "Uffe's Woodshop" in 2014

https://myspace.com/tyondaibraxton/music/song/uffe-s-woodshop-52828204-57062873