Bluecoats 2014

Really looking forward to this show. Hopefully they'll crank the amps up so we can get the full effect in the nosebleeds. Most corps go way too conservative on the volume, IMO. Unpopular words around these parts, I know. But I figure the people who hate it will hate it either way, so at least make it enjoyable for everyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

From DCI's Facebook:

"The Bluecoats have a great show planned for 2014. In addition to "Uffe's Woodshop" and "Platinum Rows" by Tyondai Braxton, and "The Hymn of Acxiom" by Vienna Teng, the 2014 Bluecoats will be playing "to wALK Or ruN in wEst harlem" by Andy Akiho. Check out Andy's website (and music) by clicking on the link below."

http://www.andyakiho.com/#

For those who haven't been fans of what they have released for rep so far, I'm afraid this won't offer much solace. I however, am interested to see what they do with this. It seems like a blank slate, creatively.

From DCI's Facebook:

"The Bluecoats have a great show planned for 2014. In addition to "Uffe's Woodshop" and "Platinum Rows" by Tyondai Braxton, and "The Hymn of Acxiom" by Vienna Teng, the 2014 Bluecoats will be playing "to wALK Or ruN in wEst harlem" by Andy Akiho. Check out Andy's website (and music) by clicking on the link below."

For those who haven't been fans of what they have released for rep so far, I'm afraid this won't offer much solace. I however, am interested to see what they do with this. It seems like a blank slate, creatively.

It's a very innovative selection of music, so they get points for that for sure!

From DCI's Facebook:

Visually The AndyAkiho stuff reminds me of what the Bluecoats were going for visually in their IMAGINE show with the blue skies and all the imagery in that show.

I mean, the Bluecoats are a very modern drumcorps, and their musical arrangements are always interesting and well done. I generally like what they do. The last piece of a show that really didn't do much for me from them was "Hunting Wabbits" in 2004. Not saying that I love EVERY Bluecoats show, but they have a pretty good track record for me and my tastes...

From DCI's Facebook:

Expect this piece to feature the percussion.

I guess I'll have to see what they do with it. Not really as into the source material as I was for them over the last 10 years or so.

I'm confident that Mr. Thrower will provide the brass with a great vehicle though.

While we have already announced this year's musical source material, we will be announcing the title of our 2014 program RIGHT HERE tonight at 9pm EST.