Bluecoats 2014

There has been a ton of praise and support poured on the Bluecoats, this summer, and all of it was very much deserved! Until something better comes along, Tilt will be my favorite drum corps show, ever. A huge amount of "thanks" to the design team, instructional staff, and the young men and women in the ranks for providing all of us fans of "Tilt" with excitement, amped up adrenaline, and extreme happiness! :thumbup:

• Like 2

I will throw my hat in the ring too... regardless of placement, this is a show that I will never forget. It has instantly cemented itself in my favorite, ever, shows. (I have been watching shows for 30+ years). This from a corps that I was ###### was beating me when I marched. Way to go Coats, way. to. go.

• Like 3

Bluecoats rocked Lucas Oil tonight. Tilt is one of those shows that will live on. Thank you Bluecoats for creating a show that brought everyone to their feet! My ears are ringing from all the BLOOOing !

Bluecoats rocked Lucas Oil tonight. Tilt is one of those shows that will live on. Thank you Bluecoats for creating a show that brought everyone to their feet! My ears are ringing from all the BLOOOing !

I think this was Bloo's "Crown 2009" moment. The corps is certainly set up for future success, beyond whatever happens tonight.

I have been grappling with how to describe my affinity with Tilt in my head but I have finally come to the conclusion, as others have said, Tilt is my favorite show ever. I say this not because I marched Bluecoats but because I'm a fan of the activity. The first time I saw Skyriders and Boston, I was hooked. It has been a very, very long time since a show has made me smile and melt like this one has. Tilt reminds me of the reason I fell in love with the activity almost 30 years ago. I never knew what it was like to have "chills down your back" until that moment in the show. I have probably watched that ending 150 times this year and every time, I still get chills.

Bravo, Bluecoats. Bravo. Regardless of placement, it will be a very long time before another show knocks you off my top shelf. This show is my Andy and it will always have my name under the boot.

If I could take the digital recording of this show and somehow eat it so that it could become a part of my genetic code, I would be a more complete person for it.

If I could sit in front of that ensemble and have them play that ending on constant "one more time" repeat until the end of time, I would never age.

Edited by Elmo Blatch
  • Like 5

LOVE the tilted retreat block!

• Like 1